Outdoors
Sponsored by

The supernatural and the outdoors

12,424 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you've driven long distances at night, you've probably heard of Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. He ran an overnight AM radio show. It was what Joe Rogan's show is right now, but Art Bell had open lines and put callers on the air. People would call in with stories about bigfoot, chupacabra, phantom panthers … just about anything you could imagine. So in the spirit of that ..

Anybody been in a remote area have a feel like they were being stalked by some unknown force?

Ever had a sense of impending doom about a particular place or situation while in a remote area?

Anybody ever been driving, hunting or working at night and see what they thought was an apparition?

Whats your story?
purplehayes
Art was the master of telling callers that they were full of crap without telling them they were full of crap. I have put MANY miles on cars while listening to Coast to Coast. Not a fan of George Noory though.
Eliminatus
AG
My squad had finished a raid in Iraq and were being moved back to our FOB in a seven ton. It was quiet and uneventful until around 0300 local. This was in a very rural farmland area near the Euphrates, sparse housing with open fields. We were getting close to a little hamlet when the 7 ton stopped for a route change. I was awake in the back and looking out the side with my night vision. I noticed that there was an inverted cone shape of light difference, extremely faint. Like a triangle searchlight with the origin in the sky. It was a clear moonlit sky but could not see where it was coming from exactly. As I was looking I got very nauseous and the other lookout on the other side did as well. It was hard to tell exactly but I think I could see ripples in the water bottle I was holding. It was gone within about 20 seconds. The light stayed fixated the entire time as we left. Only very faintly visible in NODs. Zero movement the entire time. It was almost like a painting is the best way I can describe it.

That was it. Nothing outrageous but it has stuck with me all these years. And I have seen a lot over the years. That area was in our normal patrol area and I do remember seeing a much higher than normal rate of animal sickness and mutations. It was also strategically nothing. Just very sparse and poor farmland far from any major population centers.

I am pretty sure it was some secret squirrel stuff but I will never know. I am sure that there were no stated NATO forces in that area with us though. I helped plan the route and would have known if there were possible assets in the area. Well, normal assets that is.
CS78
I did find an old mason jar out in the woods on my property with a liquid in it and something tied up inside an old piece of cloth.

Finally got the nerve to open it up yesterday and it had what looked like crows feathers tied up really tight inside. I'm probably forked now.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Ghost light on Bragg Road
FJB
FamousAgg
You released the hex
Jason C.
AG
Bro that was Gozer I just watched this movie and I'm pretty sure bro
Sea Speed
AG
Isn't there a massive thread on this buried on here already?
Bregxit
AG
Sea Speed said:

Isn't there a massive thread on this buried on here already?

We don't know. Is there? You tell us.
Build It
AG
Search for the scary Bigfoot story.
duffelpud
AG
In 2007 I was solo hiking in Big Bend National Park. I was entering a very remote canyon environment where there are a log of water features. At one point I was standing next to a spring-fed pool taking in the view when I got a strange 'hairs on the back of my neck' feeling, like someone or something was watching me. I quickly moved up canyon and the feeling subsided.

A few years later I returned to the same spot and discovered a hidden cave entrance just above the pool.
"What's this button do?"
water turkey
I was in Hawaii and once found a little tiki figure. From the moment I picked it up, my large, blended family had bad luck......
Martin Cash
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Ever had a sense of impending doom about a particular place or situation while in a remote area?

Many times. But I wouldn't call Kyle Field 'remote.'
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
ha!! your BAS is hanging out. may want to tuck that back in....
SunrayAg
AG
Back when I was a student at A&M.

I was on my way home from the hall of fame one night about 2 am. I had a couple of beers earlier in the evening, but was not impaired at all.

I was waiting at a stoplight.

As soon as the stoplight turned green, I put my foot on the gas pedal and started to push. But I heard a voice yell "STOP". So I lifted my foot.

About that time a black Cadillac with the lights turned off came blowing through that intersection at well over 100 mph.

If I would have accelerated like normal, he would have t-boned me in the drivers door at 100mph, and I would have been done.

I started feeling sick to my stomach and put my truck in park, and got out to look for who ever yelled stop.

There was nobody around.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ok that one made my arm hairs stand up. Wasn't your time...
Everybody loves a dirt road
SanAntoneAg
AG
Wherever I go I see stuff like this in the trees. Should I be alarmed?

Gig 'em! '90
FamousAgg
Depends if you are hanging by your feet from said tree or not
UTExan
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

If you've driven long distances at night, you've probably heard of Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. He ran an overnight AM radio show. It was what Joe Rogan's show is right now, but Art Bell had open lines and put callers on the air. People would call in with stories about bigfoot, chupacabra, phantom panthers … just about anything you could imagine. So in the spirit of that ..

Anybody been in a remote area have a feel like they were being stalked by some unknown force?

Anybody ever been driving, hunting or working at night and see what they thought was an apparition?

Whats your story?

Used to work a midnight shift as an LEO and loved Art Bell's shows, particularly with the late Catholic exorcist priest, Father Malachi Martin. Classic radio: you could understand why radio was and is so popular.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
schmellba99
AG
Saw the Bird Pond lady once. That one kind of freaked me out, to the point I stopped the truck and searched both sides of the road for probably 100 yards looking for somebody. Worst part is that I hadn't had a drink at all that day, so couldn't even blame it on alcohol.

Only other time I was somewhat uncomfortable was elk hunting near the Flat Tops a few years back. I was in some deep heavy timber with a lot of deadfall. After a while, all I wanted was to find somewhere I could actually see something other than trees - just a slight sense of claustrophobia crept in I guess. Finding a fresh bear print didn't help, but that wasn't griz country so I really wasn't worried about the bear, it just added to the sensory overload.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I'd volunteer to work nights just so I could listen to Art Bell from 12-4am. Made the time go by fast. No matter where you were in the world, you could pick up an AM station running Art Bell overnight.

The first time I ever heard anyone talk about a podcast was Art Bell. This was way back in the early 2000s. He would put out his show in podcast format. But it took 20 years for the technology to catch up with him. If there was a pioneer of the podcast format, the credit goes to Art Bell. RIP.
A.G.S.
AG
This is the old Texags thread, with the award winning NITESIDE story: Odd and creepy outdoor stories

The real gem, however, is the link to the survivalist board: Warning: Rabbit hole

There are some other good links in that thread as well, but I'd advise clicking on them unless ya got about 72 hrs to burn.
SteveBott
AG
You beat me to it. That is an AO thread fyi.
tmvincent97
AG
schmellba99 said:

Saw the Bird Pond lady once. That one kind of freaked me out, to the point I stopped the truck and searched both sides of the road for probably 100 yards looking for somebody. Worst part is that I hadn't had a drink at all that day, so couldn't even blame it on alcohol.

Only other time I was somewhat uncomfortable was elk hunting near the Flat Tops a few years back. I was in some deep heavy timber with a lot of deadfall. After a while, all I wanted was to find somewhere I could actually see something other than trees - just a slight sense of claustrophobia crept in I guess. Finding a fresh bear print didn't help, but that wasn't griz country so I really wasn't worried about the bear, it just added to the sensory overload.
what is the bird pond lady? does it have to do with bird pond in BCS? just curious
giddings_ag_06
AG
SunrayAg said:

Back when I was a student at A&M.

I was on my way home from the hall of fame one night about 2 am. I had a couple of beers earlier in the evening, but was not impaired at all.

I was waiting at a stoplight.

As soon as the stoplight turned green, I put my foot on the gas pedal and started to push. But I heard a voice yell "STOP". So I lifted my foot.

About that time a black Cadillac with the lights turned off came blowing through that intersection at well over 100 mph.

If I would have accelerated like normal, he would have t-boned me in the drivers door at 100mph, and I would have been done.

I started feeling sick to my stomach and put my truck in park, and got out to look for who ever yelled stop.

There was nobody around.

That was God
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'll just leave this here....

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2646765/replies
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Holy crap... it's been seven years....
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
schmellba99
AG
tmvincent97 said:

schmellba99 said:

what is the bird pond lady? does it have to do with bird pond in BCS? just curious

Yes. Somebody else has seen her as well, but I dont know hat there is a story or anything. At least not that I know of anyway.
rilloaggie
AG
When I was in Boy Scouts there was a kid in my troop that was always kinda weird. Nice enough kid but always told stories about when he was young and seeing ghosts and stuff. He claimed that he told his parents about the people that came to visit him at night and I guess they took him to see a priest and he told the priest the stuff the people talked about. Allegedly he repeated the stuff the visitors were saying and they were speaking in Hebrew. He also claimed to have premonitions and all that but we all just chalked it up to an overactive imagination.

When I was a freshman in high school we were at camp Don Harrington for summer camp and this kid was there. One day we were fishing and there was a typically panhandle thunderhead cloud starting to pop up in the distance. We were standing around admiring it and deciding whether we should head to the camp before it started raining. The kid, in a very casual manner says "something bad is going to happen to somebody here today". We largely ignore him and head back to camp to beat the weather. When we get back I find my parents are there and learn that my uncle had been in a car accident earlier that day and died. Weird coincidence probably, but weird nonetheless.
schmellba99
AG
https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/1063257/2#discussion
maroon barchetta
NITESIDE

great poster. I found this site in 1999 and lurked a long time but ended up trading emails with him back in the day. He had some great stories and was really nice. I always looked for his posts because he seemed to have all the good info about what was going on.
Lonestar-aught-six
I watched The Blair Witch Project the day before opening day of deer season, does that count?
i is smart
AG
I feel like I need to chime in on this thread.
Lonestar-aught-six
schmellba99 said:

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/1063257/2#discussion

That Wheeler Ridge story!
StinkyPinky
AG
water turkey said:

I was in Hawaii and once found a little tiki figure. From the moment I picked it up, my large, blended family had bad luck......

You're jumping the shark with this type of comment
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.