Outdoors
Sponsored by

Power company dumbassery

6,526 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
tandy miller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday noticed ones of those trucks w the little basket on the property line behind my house. They appeared to be trimming trees. As they were not on my property I didn't pay much attention.

Went back there after they left and all of the limbs they trimmed are on my property, and one punched a hole in the window screen on a window in my metal building. Tree is not on my property, and limbs didn't cross property lines.

Apparently they trimmed the limbs to cut down an old pole. They cut it down section by section and let it drop on the neighboring property, damaging their fence.

I shoot my bow over there (have permission) and there's a big pile of pole pieces right behind my target. If I miss and hit it that arrow is done.

Called electric co, they denied trimming any trees or being in the area yesterday.

Went to neighbor's who's property tree and pole was on and he said he didn't call them.

Asked his neighbor (her driveway was used as an easement) and she said he had a pole removed. Walked back to first guy and he said he had it done last week… I shot Monday and it wasn't there. I would have seen it.

I can easily pick the limbs up myself, but would have a tough time with the pole… not to mention the fact that they threw it in the middle of rosehedge.

Called electric co again and asked if they were, by chance, cutting a pole near my address, and wouldn't you know it they were.

I have a supervisor meeting me out here at 7 am tomorrow. He's bringing the foreman that was here yesterday. Should be fun
Thisguy1
Let us know how it goes, Karen.
HSEAG13
Thisguy1 said:

Thisguy gets it
tandy miller
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Ur right, next time I'll let them damage my property with impunity

I don't think it's unrealistic to not want **** from someone else's trees left for me to deal with
FJB
AggieMPH2005
Also the power company subcontracts the tree trimming typically….
tandy miller
AG
If it was a contractor they were either driving a WCEC truck or being chauffeured in a WCEC truck

They were not there to trim the trees, they were there to remove the pole. The limbs had to be trimmed to get to the pole I guess.
FJB
docb
AG
I'm quite sure they'll make it right
tandy miller
AG
I think so too. If they'll just fix the screen and do something with the pole I'll be happy
FJB
AggieStan
Took longer to type your post vs dragging limbs off
tandy miller
AG
AggieStan said:

Maybe. But definitely didn't take as long as it will to fix the screen
FJB
docb
AG
I had the power company that moved the power lines on my property leave the guy wire anchors in the ground. I ended up hitting them with my shredder while mowing the field. They were good about it and even offered to buy me new shredder blades which I declined. I was good with them just coming back to remove the anchors.
aggiedent
AG
TexAgs at its finest.
GSS
AggieStan said:

And it's his responsibility because.....?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
CanyonAg77
AG
Being a Karen is expecting special treatment.

Expecting someone to do their job, pick up after themselves, and not damage my property is not special treatment. It is the bare minimum.
ccard257
AG
Quote:

If I miss and hit it that arrow is done.

Sounds like you better not miss.
cupofjoe04
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Being a Karen is expecting special treatment.

Expecting someone to do their job, pick up after themselves, and not damage my property is not special treatment. It is the bare minimum.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think OP is being unreasonable at all.

Being a Karen would have been harassing people while they were doing their jobs properly. Trying to hold someone reasonably accountable for actually doing their job without causing unnecessary collateral damage- that's completely understandable.
Marcus Brutus
Thisguy1 said:

wut?
Marcus Brutus
AggieStan said:

Should he also go buy some new screen and fix the hole they punched in his window?
DargelSkout
AG
So 38 people think this guy is a Karen because he's mad someone trashed his property?
Ogre09
AG
I'm more concerned he didn't know what to call the truck. Also the contractors sometimes have magnetic decals for whatever company they're working for at the moment.
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
tandy miller said:

AggieStan said:

Maybe. But definitely didn't take as long as it will to fix the screen

Shouldn't take more than about 3 minutes.

Mas89
AG
docb said:

I had the power company that moved the power lines on my property leave the guy wire anchors in the ground. I ended up hitting them with my shredder while mowing the field. They were good about it and even offered to buy me new shredder blades which I declined. I was good with them just coming back to remove the anchors.
Your luck was better than mine. Contractor took down a huge wooden pole on a 3 phase line and replaced it with a steel pole at a highway intersection. They did not use a guy wire with the new steel pole but left the huge anchor which was hidden by Johnson grass. My JD cx20 mower went up on top of the large 45 degree anchor and tore up blades, two stump jumpers, shaft and gear box. Wound up replacing the 20 foot mower.

The contractor agreed to pay for major repairs but it took over a year and getting the electric company involved to finally get paid for the damages to the mower.
bigF
AG
You are correct. I would be very surprised if the person of contact at the power company knew exactly what happened at this location. Not an issue to talk to them OP, just behave when you do it.
tandy miller
AG
Ogre09 said:

I'm more concerned he didn't know what to call the truck. Also the contractors sometimes have magnetic decals for whatever company they're working for at the moment.

Sorry, I'm not a lineman. WCEC Confirmed it was them. Hope that helps
FJB
tandy miller
AG
Also, the guy is coming in 15.
FJB
ccard257
AG
tandy miller said:

you going to start a going live thread or just keep using this one?
tandy miller
AG
ccard257 said:

tandy miller said:

you going to start a going live thread or just keep using this one?

I can do whatever you prefer
FJB
aggiedent
AG
" Being a Karen is expecting special treatment.

Expecting someone to do their job, pick up after themselves, and not damage my property is not special treatment. It is the bare minimum."

We need one more ruling. Is it being a Karen coming on social media whining about, what in the grand scheme of things, is a minor issue? The answer will affect a lot of past and future posts.
gwellis
AG
Thisguy1 said:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
tandy miller
AG
They're bringing a chipper for limbs, and a truck for pole. Only reason they left it yesterday was it was too wet. Obviously replacing screen.

Lol they could have just told me that over the phone, but ok.

They wanted to bring screen back today, I told them just do it when they get the rest to save trips.

The end
FJB
Tx95Ag
AG
aggiedent said:

" Being a Karen is expecting special treatment.

Expecting someone to do their job, pick up after themselves, and not damage my property is not special treatment. It is the bare minimum."

We need one more ruling. Is it being a Karen coming on social media whining about, what in the grand scheme of things, is a minor issue? The answer will affect a lot of past and future posts.
Karen or not, it's entertaining, especially peoples overreactions.
AgsMnn
AG
Agree with OP on this.

And yes, why could they not have told you this over the phone or approached you yesterday about the screen.

Jason_InfinityRoofer
tandy miller said:

Yesterday noticed ones of those trucks w the little basket on the property line behind my house. They appeared to be trimming trees. As they were not on my property I didn't pay much attention.

Went back there after they left and all of the limbs they trimmed are on my property, and one punched a hole in the window screen on a window in my metal building. Tree is not on my property, and limbs didn't cross property lines.

Apparently they trimmed the limbs to cut down an old pole. They cut it down section by section and let it drop on the neighboring property, damaging their fence.

I shoot my bow over there (have permission) and there's a big pile of pole pieces right behind my target. If I miss and hit it that arrow is done.

Called electric co, they denied trimming any trees or being in the area yesterday.

Went to neighbor's who's property tree and pole was on and he said he didn't call them.

Asked his neighbor (her driveway was used as an easement) and she said he had a pole removed. Walked back to first guy and he said he had it done last week… I shot Monday and it wasn't there. I would have seen it.

I can easily pick the limbs up myself, but would have a tough time with the pole… not to mention the fact that they threw it in the middle of rosehedge.

Called electric co again and asked if they were, by chance, cutting a pole near my address, and wouldn't you know it they were.

I have a supervisor meeting me out here at 7 am tomorrow. He's bringing the foreman that was here yesterday. Should be fun
Where do you live? Those power pole pieces are great for fence corner posts.

Also, for those of you running over stationary objects with your shredder, have yall done any maintenance on your slip clutches? You may break a blade but you should be destroying everything from the blades, jumper and gearbox unless your clutch is frozen.
tandy miller
AG
El campo. The pieces aren't long enough though, unless you're trying to fence something my size in
FJB
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Well that sucks. Then that makes this situation completely useless. When they cut them along the highway they are all at least 8' long. You sink one of those f-ers in the first 18" and she ain't moving in my lifetime.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.