Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gun Grab by Democrats buried in Defense Bill

2,620 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Fishin Texas Aggie 05
buddybee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gun grab by military buried in 2022 defense bill. I headed for more ammo tomorrow. Here is one of many links out there.

Military courts could order 'red flag' gun confiscation under defense bill | American Military News
Daddy-O5
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOeDRrD2Ph/?utm_medium=copy_link

R's who signed it claim it will never make it into the final version of the bill.

Take a second to watch the link, it seems logical but we'll see.
AeroAg1
AG
J_Daddy05 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOeDRrD2Ph/?utm_medium=copy_link

R's who signed it claim it will never make it into the final version of the bill.

Take a second to watch the link, it seems logical but we'll see.
What a dumb answer and explanation.
denied
I wouldn't be too worried about it. Commanders can already order you not to possess firearms. When you join the military you do it knowing that you are surrendering some of your Constitutional rights for the term of your service.

Also, groups worried about it being a precedent for action towards the general populace are idiots. Laws made for the military don't make a precedent for the civilian populace.
AeroAg1
AG
denied said:

I wouldn't be too worried about it. Commanders can already order you not to possess firearms. When you join the military you do it knowing that you are surrendering some of your Constitutional rights for the term of your service.

Also, groups worried about it being a precedent for action towards the general populace are idiots. Laws made for the military don't make a precedent for the civilian populace.
Your first sentence defines everything that is wrong with conservatives.

You expect the government will actually do the right thing?
Wodanaz
AG
denied said:

I'm one of those idiots because though it may not set transferable legal precedent, it sets logical precedent. With a media machine in their pocket, the gun grabbers will say "the same reasons the "red-flag" active military wouldn't have access to weapons (mental health), should be applied to veterans."

Now, your well-armed warrior class of citizens begins being stripped of their ability to protect their neighbors. And in many cases it will be those very neighbors who start diming out the neighborhood gun owners. That American flag out front will be a confiscation beacon.

After that, Australia. But, I'm just an idiot - don't listen to me.
UTExan
denied said:

That's true. The Army can even order you to stand in line at FT HOOD unarmed,with zero protective measures while an Islamic terrorist who they knew held radical views mows down you and your colleagues as you helplessly await a police response which should have been on site originally.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
O.G.
So in other words, Ex wifes and busy body mother in laws can turn you in and you have no recourse. Anyone that doesn't think this can happen to you has never dealt with CPS......and an Ex spouse.
ChemEAg08
AG
denied said:

I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Old RV Ag
AG
buddybee said:

Gun grab by military buried in 2022 defense bill. I headed for more ammo tomorrow. Here is one of many links out there.

Military courts could order 'red flag' gun confiscation under defense bill | American Military News
Look, if the wife is mad about how much ammo you buy, you are getting desperate to try to find a reason to buy more "tomorrow"
SMM48
AG
Why not order online now? Tomorrow?
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
The argument is going to be

If we can't trust members of military with guns, then certainly can't trust regular people
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.