Outdoors
Sponsored by

Recommendations for looking up Insurance carrier

1,383 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EconAg05
EconAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good day OB folks.

Back story - My wife was taking our kiddo to school last Friday and made a quick pit stop to grab some breakfast. While in line, two idiots decided they wanted to have an ego battle over who would be first to get their coffee and while jockeying for position one of them bumped into the back of my wife's vehicle. Nothing major so they decided to pull off to the side and exchange information. Wife got everything except for the important stuff (go figure). We have the policy number, picture of the car and license plate, name, address, DL number, picture of the DL itself, however my wife didn't get the insurance carrier or the persons phone number.

Over the past week she's called multiple insurance companies to see if this individual was their customer with no success. Our INS company is of no help and are saying "we can't verify that information. You will have to file a police report". The traffic division is now giving us the runaround.

Since the OB knows, well just about everything, can anyone recommend how we could find out who the insurance carrier is? As mentioned above we know the policy number and license place number of the vehicle but have run into a wall here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ShouldastayedataTm
If they willingly gave you their address drop a quick note in the mail, and ask them to give you a call. Probably quickest way to do it. Sounds like they were willing and did accept fault.
FSGuide
An insurance agent will be able to do it by looking up the LP# or the VIN in their system. I don't know why your company is telling you that.

Most police can now verify insurance without seeing your insurance card so that is an option too if you know a cop or maybe even call the nonemergency number of your local station and ask them some questions.
zooguy96
Quote:

Wife got everything except for the important stuff (go figure).
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
EconAg05
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. We'll keep pushing the insurance co and see if we can't make them do their jobs as well as fire off a letter and see if we get lucky.
SteveBott
AG
Tell your adjuster that you will file a complaint at Texas Dept of insurance. They hate those and probably change their tune.

Once an investigator is on them they tend to want to look at more files to find trends that lead to big fines
op_06
AG
EconAg05
AG
Thanks! Info sent
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Personally, your insurance carrier should be able to do all of this. I'm of the opinion that I will not do the insurance companies legwork for them unless they are going to pay my contracting fees when I bill them for it.

I'm sure the one above will get you what you need but if not, you can email the policy number only to me. I can compare it to all of my claims and see if I can match the pattern and get you a possible company. Some are very distinct.
op_06
AG
Econ, I've got your email. I'll get back with you end of the week.

For anyone else reading, an insurance company who refuses/hesitates to file a claim without a police report is being lazy and you need to find another carrier. A police report for a crash isn't necessary to claim.

In Texas, a crash report is a compilation of data that the state uses to determine how they can make the roadways safer/adjust traffic signals/add traffic lights in high-fatality locations. Nothing more, nothing less. For instance, if you're on your own private property and drive your vehicle through your garage door, a crash report will not be completed. There's nothing the state can do to prevent that type of crash from happening in the future.

The insurance industries capitalize on the data collection and use it as a tool to assist with filing claims. Over the years, this has resulted in lazy adjusters who rely on all of their needed information being compiled into a nice and tidy package for them. And some get upset and take it out on their clients when they're forced to do leg work to obtain the data.

op_06
AG
You've got mail.
EconAg05
AG
Awesome! Can't thank you enough for the help.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.