Outdoors
Sponsored by

Robber Spider (Argyrode)

1,709 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Old Sarge
DaveAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had never noticed a robber spider before this weekend, despite probably being around them about every day. My cousin pointed it out to me. These guys live on another spider's web and eat its prey, sometimes even taking a meal off the larger spider itself. Thought it was pretty cool. You can see it on the left, it's silver and black.

BCStalk
The curious part of me wants to click on the picture. The burn everything with fire part is saying nope.
DaveAg02
AG
Just shared the pic from my phone. IMGUR hasn't been working for me lately.
boulderaggie
AG
Very cool!
EMY92
AG
You don't need a hosting site anymore. Just upload to Texags.
DaveAg02
AG
Yeah, it's just part of my transition to being an old. I posted a couple from my phone a while back that had that Amazon link issue, no idea why, so I was leery about that and tried to outsmart myself.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Nope.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
Badace52
AG
I remember hearing about these guys from David "Attenborough on one of his many special back when I was a kid. I have seen a few since but they are really hard to notice most of the time. Yellow garden spiders and Nephila species webs are where I have seen them in the past.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old Sarge
AG
EMY92 said:

You don't need a hosting site anymore. Just upload to Texags.
I did not think you could do that without "stars", (being a paid member).

Is that not the case anymore? If so, please share how.

Neat spider pic OP.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.