Outdoors
Sponsored by

2021 Duck Seasons

28,044 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by angryocotillo
Post removed:
by user
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Closed it out with a limit hunt with all drakes!
CypressAg09
AG
Nice 3-man limit. Hope to get another tomorrow!
angryocotillo
AG
Had a rough December drawing multiple skunks in a row during the warm weather. Have had some amazing hunts this past week. They were all public walk-in. 2 birds is usually a good hunt for me so to be getting limits or close to it with my first pintail, ringneck, and canvasback seems too good to be true

htownag10
AG
Frying some duck and geese
CypressAg09
AG
Almost another limit, but I'll take 35/36 to end the season!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Nicely done! After not seeing a lot of spoonies this year, we shot a few trophy drakes, like posted in your pictures, the last two weekends. Glad you ended on a high noteā€¦ I know I was
RO519
AG
Well it certainly wasn't the season I was hoping for in terms of numbers, but I got to watch my dog mature in the blind and see things really start to click for him. Hopefully we kill a few more birds next season.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Love all the good season enders! I got a gadwall and a ring neck to close out 2022.

Last thing I do at the end of every season is sit quietly and watch the wind on the lake for an hour or so. Soaking in the last moments of my favorite time of the year.
TarponChaser
Some nice straps. That bull sprig @angryoctillo has deserves a spot on the wall.
TRIDENT
AG
Tough season, saw the same as everyone with tough hunts and not a ton of birds. Ended the season yesterday morning with a pair of GWT, a pair of BWT and a scaup. Got to spend time with my HS senior. Got to watch some pretty sunrises and sunsets, photo some whooping cranes, and shoot a few birds. I'm already looking forward to next season. My lab pup has been in school all season this year, can't wait to get him out there next season.

Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Love the GoDevil
TRIDENT
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Love the GoDevil
Thanks! It has been a fun father/son project putting our "duck boat" rig together. I bought the boat for a good price off FB marketplace with no engine. Then bought a large Swamprunner kit with saltwater upgrades:
https://www.mudmotorkit.com/product/large-swamp-runner-kit-longtail-mud-motor-sps/

We mated it with a new 22 HP engine from Harbor Freight:
https://www.harborfreight.com/22-hp-670cc-v-twin-horizontal-shaft-gas-engine-epa-61614.html

We had flotation pods welded on, re-wired the boat, added an aluminum deck, upgraded to a new trailer, etc. We are going to re-paint it and put GatorGlide on the bottom during the off season. The time spent with my son before he starts college and career has been worth a lot more than I have in the deal.

Ag 11
AG
Forgot to post this one the other day
shalackin
AG
We wrapped up the season with a great one.
angryocotillo
AG
TarponChaser said:

Some nice straps. That bull sprig @angryoctillo has deserves a spot on the wall.

I've got it wrapped up in butcher paper in the freezer. Anyone have suggestions for Houston area taxidermists. I took a wood duck to Bass in Texas City and still haven't gotten back yet almost 2 years later
Sea Speed
AG
Major creations. I'll never take another thing to bass taxidermy
Sea Speed
AG
I'm moving it this week but here's the bird I got from major creations. Very happy with it.

Stormchaser
AG
We had a good day on our last one too. Also loved this pic taken of me and Listo. Right place right time.
angryocotillo
AG
Thanks for the suggestion. That mount looks awesome!
RO519
AG
Sea Speed said:

Major creations. I'll never take another thing to bass taxidermy
I second Major Creations. He does great work on a decent timeline.
TarponChaser
angryocotillo said:

TarponChaser said:

I've got it wrapped up in butcher paper in the freezer. Anyone have suggestions for Houston area taxidermists. I took a wood duck to Bass in Texas City and still haven't gotten back yet almost 2 years later

Barry Buras in Dayton.

https://www.wildthingstaxidermy.net/
Sixdrakes
AG
angryocotillo said:

TarponChaser said:

I've used a guy in Columbus for the past several years that does great work. I like him enough that I recently dropped off 24 (not all mine, mostly my sons) ducks from our Alaska trip earlier in the season. His turnaround time is a little less than a year. Let me know if you want his contact #.
angryocotillo
AG
TarponChaser said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.