Outdoors
Sponsored by

LTC Benefits after Sept 1

2,317 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BrazosDog02
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know of a good source that discusses the benefits (or lack thereof) for maintaining a LTC after Sept 1? I've seen info from a variety of sources but not sure if they are accurate or based on the final legislation. Some examples I've seen are you still need a LTC to carry on campus, simple "no guns" signs apply to permitless carry but not LTC holders, etc.
magnumtmp
AG
Reciprocity with other states applies to LTC only. That's a big one for me.
BCStalk
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3194048/17#discussion

Discussed a bit here
fourth deck
AG
1) Reciprocity when traveling to other states
2) No background check when buying firearms, just fill out a 4473 and be on your way
Gunny456
AG
Exactly. Add that LTC still allows no call in for firearm purchase.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Its also another ID for voting. I always give my LTC (and formerly CHL) rather than my DL.

Not a huge deal but fun.
average_joker
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Its also another ID for voting. I always give my LTC (and formerly CHL) rather than my DL.

Not a huge deal but fun.

So they know who's ballot to throw away?
lazuras_dc
AG
Also supposedly For getting off with warnings more often if you present Ltd/chl to officers when pulled over for minor traffic infractions
Morpholino
AG
Campus carry plus ease of some private gun sales/trades.
SMM48
AG
if pulled over for speeding....police can see your LTC on their monitor...thereby letting them know they have pulled over someone that is on the up and up.
JR2007
AG
https://cdn.brandfolder.io/5Z10RK5F/at/3grj768k34x5pqmmvhpc85c/TXCC-Guide-Single-Pg-Digital.pdf
CTGilley
AG
I first got mine when I was delayed for a purchase. Legal carry was only a plus.
'03ag
I swear it's gotten me out of two speeding tickets
BCO07
AG
FunkyKO said:

if pulled over for speeding....police can see your LTC on their monitor...thereby letting them know they have pulled over someone that is on the up and up.

Huge. I don't get pulled over often, but when I do it at most is a warning. Most of the time the conversation goes to what I carry and then on my merry way
Sully Dog
FunkyKO said:

It also can make it a pain in the ass driving into Canada
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
SMM48
AG
F Canada
BrazosDog02
AG
FunkyKO said:

I don't get pulled over enough to notice but I've always given them both licenses at the window. The LEO runs the plate and at least expects me to be the driver, and therefore knows I have the LTC before they ever make first contact right? They run that stuff as they are pulling me over or get out of their car yes?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.