Outdoors
Sponsored by

Illegals... what do you do? tips and advice?

4,883 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gunny456
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we have a ranch in Crockett County (which we don't live on) and illegals have never been a problem. Yea some come through and go into town but that's mainly because I 10 runs through town. In the south of the county there aren't many good roads to use north south.

Lately it has become an illegal highway. Border patrol is no longer doing the job for other reasons and it's now DPS / County Sheriff with daily apprehensions often with high speed pursuit.

Long story short, we've never had this issue before but now there have been 3 days in a row with arrests on the road leading to the ranch, two days in a row with drugs or paraphernalia recovered. In fact, today they even specifically announced to be on the lookout mentioning our ranch road on their bulletin. I'll post the reports down below in another post but what have y'all who are closer to the border with this problem do or don't do with this massive illegal crisis? (Beyond SSS)

Anything that possibly deters the problem or prevents property damage?

TAMUallen
AG
At approximately 1:43 pm DPS initiated a pursuit on a vehicle that fled from them on 2083 pandale road. DPS Trooper advised of a bail out 4 to 5 Miles South of I-10 on 2083.They were assisted by Crockett County Sheriff Deputies and Crockett County Constible. Several illegal immigrants were apprehended along with two Juvenile males. Fence line was damaged and reported to the ranch owner. If you see anyone suspicious or on your property and are not supposed to be there. Give us a call and we will be out to help.

At approximately 11:32 am, DPS Trooper advised they were on a pursuit on 2083 pandale road. DPS was assisted by Crockett County Sheriff Deputies. Trooper advised about a bailout on mile marker 420 on 2083 headed North towards I-10. Alcohol and methamphetamine pipe located in the vehicle. Not all illegal immigrants were captured, ranchers in the area if you see anyone suspicious on your property or the road way. Contact your local Sheriff Department, we will go out to your property and help. Lock your vehicles and homes, be aware of your surroundings.

At approximately 10:44 am DPS Toopers and Crockett County Sheriff Department working on 2083 pandale road, apprehended 2 more illegal immigrants also prescription pills not in a prescription bottle were found in one vehicle and the and DPS Trooper apprehended another off another traffic stop. Be aware of your surroundings and call your local Sheriff Department if you see or have anyone suspicious on you ranch property or along the road way of County road 403, 412, or 2083 pandale road.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Only thing I can suggest is to stay armed and vigilant & try to have someone else with you at all times. Especially when getting out of the vehicle and opening gates on ranch roads.
Irish 2.0
Give the Sheriffs and DPS written permission to enter your property w/o a warrant to inspect and look around? Tell them to just call or text you first.
WhoopN06
TAMUallen said:

At approximately 1:43 pm DPS initiated a pursuit on a vehicle that fled from them on 2083 pandale road. DPS Trooper advised of a bail out 4 to 5 Miles South of I-10 on 2083.They were assisted by Crockett County Sheriff Deputies and Crockett County Constible. Several illegal immigrants were apprehended along with two Juvenile males. Fence line was damaged and reported to the ranch owner. If you see anyone suspicious or on your property and are not supposed to be there. Give us a call and we will be out to help.

At approximately 11:32 am, DPS Trooper advised they were on a pursuit on 2083 pandale road. DPS was assisted by Crockett County Sheriff Deputies. Trooper advised about a bailout on mile marker 420 on 2083 headed North towards I-10. Alcohol and methamphetamine pipe located in the vehicle. Not all illegal immigrants were captured, ranchers in the area if you see anyone suspicious on your property or the road way. Contact your local Sheriff Department, we will go out to your property and help. Lock your vehicles and homes, be aware of your surroundings.

At approximately 10:44 am DPS Toopers and Crockett County Sheriff Department working on 2083 pandale road, apprehended 2 more illegal immigrants also prescription pills not in a prescription bottle were found in one vehicle and the and DPS Trooper apprehended another off another traffic stop. Be aware of your surroundings and call your local Sheriff Department if you see or have anyone suspicious on you ranch property or along the road way of County road 403, 412, or 2083 pandale road.
What are you such a racist? Can't you find compassion in your heart for folks who just want to have a better life in America? This is a mostly peaceful invasion...

/S

What a mess sorry you have to deal with this OP. I do not have any advice other than to stay armed and vigilant. You might be able to setup some cameras with LTE access points on frequent access points to alert Sherriffs / DPS.
AG
Direct them 6 to Hwy 556 or 762
Ag_07
AG
From my experience working on STX ranches with illegals it's best to not ever make contact. If you see any just get in your truck and leave. Call it in immediately. No giving directions, or water, or anything.

I have buddies who have places down that way and they've started leaving cabin and stand doors unlocked when they leave. Their thinking is if it's locked they'll just break in. At least this way I don't have replace windows and doors everytime I show up.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Send your OP to the current president and VP, including receipts for any repairs you have to make so you can be reimbursed.
TAMUallen
AG
SanAntoneAg said:

Send your OP to the current president and VP, including receipts for any repairs you have to make so you can be reimbursed.

I'm sure they'll be all over that and compensate for any trouble.

Fortunately, we do have family who runs cattle and sheep on the ranch so it's not unattended but gosh this is unsettling because this is the type of place where you left the keys in the trucks and utvs. Used to be I'd never think about putting guns up or locking the door before heading into town.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Give the Sheriffs and DPS written permission to enter your property w/o a warrant to inspect and look around? Tell them to just call or text you first.
There is no way in God's holy name I would ever, ever, EVER follow this advice. Never. For any reason.
TOM-M
Pretty sure the area you describe is going to be in the Del Rio Sector, so I'd suggest calling the main BP office at 830-778-7000 and ask to speak with the Patrol Agent in Charge (not sure who it is now, as the deputy chief just recently retired so there's probably some upper rank shuffling going on) and the Community Liaisons. The PAIC/CL's should be able to give you good contact info for shift supervisors, checkpoint or station offices, etc....put those in your phone along with the sheriff and DPS info you've already posted.

CALL THEM EVERYTIME YOU SEE ILLEGALS ON YOUR PROPERTY!!! EVERY TIME!!!. Try to give all you talk to a count (including men/women/children if possible), coordinates where you see them (preferably in decimal degrees) and direction they're headed, along with any other potentially pertinent info like larger than normal backpacks.

Another thing I'd suggest is talk to the PAIC about the possibility of putting Drawbridge cameras on your property.

Understand BP staffing for station offices is stretched thin in some areas (60+% short depending on where) due to today's border processing.

Call if I can be of further help. NINEzero3five7zerozero1seven9,

Pepper Brooks
AG
What kinds of drugs and what quantities? Asking for a friend.
Picard
AG
Have you tried reporting it to Kamala?

FIDO 96
AG

TAMUallen
AG
Appreciate it Tom and yea it is Del Rio sector
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Pick them up. Give bus fare to Washington DC.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Leave bus tickets to DC, San Francisco, or Portland
I Like Mike
AG
Seems logical
rootube
AG
Log on to Facebook and complain loudly. People love that.
Irish 2.0
Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

Irish 2.0 said:

There is no way in God's holy name I would ever, ever, EVER follow this advice. Never. For any reason.

To each their own. But for a property I'm rarely at that appears to be a choke point for illegal activities, yeah I'd have no problem giving the locals 'permission' to enter the property at their/our discretion.
TAMUallen
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Snow Monkey Ambassador said:

Irish 2.0 said:

To each their own. But for a property I'm rarely at that appears to be a choke point for illegal activities, yeah I'd have no problem giving the locals 'permission' to enter the property at their/our discretion.

Who said rarely? I said we don't live on it.

We have people using drugs, apprehended within a mile or two of me, who are also not here legally and are fleeing arrest. How would that make you feel when you're 30 minutes from town? Especially with this happening regularly aka on repeat day after day.

There's a clear smuggling operation occuring in close proximity to my ranch. This isn't due to some random Mexicans seeking asylum. It's a coordinated route by a cartel. That's unsettling and well I don't want to end up missing.

What's more unsettling is giving up my rights to a DPS and Sheriff's office whose job isn't immigration.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Franklin
FBG_Ag78
AG
TAMUallen said:

Anything that possibly deters the problem or prevents property damage?

Short answer is no. CBP and law enforcement have their hands tied. The solution would take politicians with a spine and I think we can all agree that there isn't enough of them. As suggested before, keep your head on a swivel. Keep your vehicles and equipment locked up as best you can. Keep your magazines full and pray you don't have to use them.
Won’t comply. Won’t surrender.
Gilligan
AG
3 clicks and have a back hoe ready.
ontherocks
AG
It's not that border patrol isnt responding to your ranch or not doing their job, it's that they are overrun with the logistics of housing and paperwork for the extreme numbers they are getting in del rio sector and don't have the numbers to support everything that is going on everywhere. I am sure Border patrol is very happy to have dps and local support right now, especially in that area that is getting the brunt of the action right now. Just wanted to clarify that part. I would call del rio sector and get in contact with the ranch liaison that pertains to your property. They will find a way to help out.
Wildman15
Wildman15
AG
&ct=g
aggiedata
AG
Picard said:

Have you tried reporting it to Kamala?

She is on the border I heard

AgTDub
AG
We just got home from our land between Rocksprings and Del Rio.

Mid-morning today 4 Troopers, 2 Edwards County Sherriff vehicles and Border Patrol go flying down 377 towards Carta Valley. A couple hours later, a DPS helicopter is flying real slow about 30' above the tree tops on the ranch across the highway from our. Searched for a good hour or so and was still searching when we packed up and left.

I've never seen anything like that in the 11 years we've been going out there. We've had individuals or one time a couple who we've seen passing through and reported although there was never the response we saw today.
SoTxAg
AG
Have two buddies with ranches in Duval County south of Freer. They've had to replace gates/fences destroyed by fleeing illegals several times this year. And yes, problem did get worse after the november election.
JobSecurity
AG
SSS

/S
highvelocity
AG
This was going to be my response as well. We're at war, act accordingly
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
AnScAggie
AG
SoTxAg said:

Have two buddies with ranches in Duval County south of Freer. They've had to replace gates/fences destroyed by fleeing illegals several times this year. And yes, problem did get worse after the november election.

If I find out those ghost like mannequins really work on Hwy 339 on the way to Freer from Benavides, my ranch is going to look like a haunted house version of Easter Island!!
Gunny456
AG
Guys it's going to get a lot worse. The cartels deal in much more than drugs and they have a presence in many cities and states not anywhere close to our borders.
You don't want to know how much control they really have.
We are slowly loosing this country and most folks are oblivious to it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.