Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bulk water delivery - hays county

5,325 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ragoo
Missouri Boat Ride
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a best value in finding bulk water delivery for a swimming pool fill up? Looking at about $0.10/ gallon, delivered. Perhaps this is typical for this time of year, but feels high.
RCR06
AG
Yeah, its expensive. You need someone with the right truck and equipment, then someone(in most cases) with a cdl to transport, then the time to load and unload all the water. They also usually want to make some money off of this. It all adds up quick.

Probably not telling you anything you don't know or couldn't figure out. I worked for a construction comany where we routinely had to have water trucked to remote sites. Price varied quite a bit based on distance it had to be transported.
Old RV Ag
AG
Look at water weighs over 8 lb/gallon and run the typical volume of a pool. Typical freight charges, let alone the water cost, would make $0.10/gallon very reasonable.
agnerd
AG
Any reason you're not using the hose for ~$0.003/gal?
HTownAg98
Don't most water utilities offer a better rate to fill a pool?
chaca5151
I had to get bulk water for my 30k gal tank when they installed it due to the warranty, which it had to have water in it. I called several different rental companies who would rent me a water tanker, but they can't allow it to drive on the highway.

So since I have a big f350, I got two big 300gal water totes and put them in the bed of my truck plus, I rented a water trailer; I believe it was 300 gal also. If you go to the City of Kyle, they will sell you 1,000 gal for $10.

Shipping in water is ridiculously expensive.

I live in San Marcos, so if you need help, let me know, I don't have the water totes anymore, but you can buy them for $100 anywhere.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
Missouri Boat Ride
AG
Im on a well and have been cycling 4 hours on, 2 hours off to avoid burning up pump, but its taking a while. Heck of a first world problem....

Thanks for the input. the tote route seems promising as a supplement to the well fill up.
Rattler12
This post reminds me of an experience with a neighbor back in the late 50's. Pop had just had an irrigation well drilled into the Carrizo and it pumped 300 gallons a minute for hours without hiccup. A neighboring "rancher" wasn't real pleased and told pop "you're gonna use up all the water and the rest of us will have none'" Pop said tough nuggies. Well shortly thereafter said neighbor had a pool put in and after 2 days of filling it with a water hose and having all of 2 inches of water in it said neighbor came to Pop and asked he'd fill it for him.....and he did.
lexofer
AG
Try the local volunteer fire department.
TacosaurusRex
$.10 a gallon is not a bad deal. We rent 500 gallon water wagons for about $200 a day, but I don't think you're going to make 50 or 60 trips to fill up a pool though.

We have plenty of 4000 gallon water trucks to rent you, but as a poster said before, we cannot allow them on public roads. Plus you would need a CDL with a tanker endorsement.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
BO297
Please keep in mind, rental companies have water trucks but chemicals get run through them on a regular basis. They are not safe for pools/kids.

If you have someone that can deliver CLEAN water for 10 cents, please post the company info. I'd like to have it.
malenurse
AG
BO297 said:

Please keep in mind, rental companies have water trucks but chemicals get run through them on a regular basis. They are not safe for pools/kids.

If you have someone that can deliver CLEAN water for 10 cents, please post the company info. I'd like to have it.
Pishhh, go away nervous Nellie. The kids will be just fine
HelotesAg
AG
We had a guy that normally hauled milk I think bring us water to refill our pool in 2009 that worked out Blanco. His name was Troy Immel. Not sure if he's still in the business or not. I have his number if you want to PM me.
Ragoo
AG
I have to buy 3,000 gallons at a time for $0.25 per out in west Texas.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.