Outdoors
Sponsored by

West Texas Wonderings

2,616 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag97
Blue Duck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I've gone on record as saying how much I like West Texas. I won't type it all out again but it's the best. If I could stop people from moving there, I think I'd do it. I'm afraid one day that people are gonna figure out what's out there if you drive on past Odessa, it'll be a sad day when they do.

The light hits different out there, throw in a few clouds and then you've got yourself a pretty good little picture.

There aren't a lot of people out there and they sure haven't had much rain. I know they haven't had enough in the last 15 months or so to fill up a small rain gauge. A little rain goes a long way out there and I got to see a little bit while I was there.

Flowers were blooming, only problem was they were cactus flowers.

I bet the guy that made this wouldn't understand what tik tok was. He and I have that in common.

I saw a few cats and dogs. None of the great big cats that I'd like to see but plenty of action to keep the blood flowing. If you hide well enough, they'll start climbing up on rocks looking for whatever is making all that racket.

These deer didn't appreciate all the noise I was making.

Same thing with this cow

And this cow elk. She wasn't gonna let me get any closer, up and over the mountain she went.

The drought has made spotting sheds a little easier, they stuck out like shiny white beacons.

If these were cards, they'd call that a pair.

Good times and good scenery, I'll be back!

Ag210
AG
Love your photos as always! What camera / lens combo are you running (specifically the fox)
82 TAMU Ag
AG
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
bam02
AG
Nice point and great pics!
Wodanaz
AG
Awesome!
trestamu
AG
Thanks for sharing Blue Duck
WestTexasAg
AG
Awesome! I was down in Alpine today. Wanted to keep heading south, but didn't have time.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Sweeeeeet pics!! I have family in Alpine. If only it was possible to make a good living out that way.
Newoldarmy
Ag 11
AG
Love West Texas, it's like a whole other world out there. Great pics
citizenkane06
AG
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
fixer
fantastic thread.

literally put a smile on my face.
Aggieangler93
Racer X
AG
Spectacular!
hoodlum98
AG
great pics
Alte Schule
WOW! Deeply impressed.
HL2
Great pictures. Grew up working the summers south of Marfa. Will always appreciate West Texas.
Blue Duck
AG
Thank you! I run a Sony a7iii and a variety of different lenses. The fox ones were mostly with a Sony 70-300 and some good hiding spots.
bigF
AG
Totally agree Blue Duck. I've told my wife 1,000 times that I hope the oilfield never makes its way out west and destroys that country. And don't take that as a slight to the oilfield. I live in the middle of it and benefit from it. I just hope west Texas stays pristine. I've hunted mule deer and Aoudad in Alpine and Van Horn. Picked up a few points along the way. Also been fortunate to hunt elk between Fort Stockton and Marfa. It truly is unbelievable in the mountains out there.
dave99ag
AG
We've had about 2" so far this year compared to 1.75" for all of last year. I'm thankful for any rain we get out there! I enjoyed an amazing light show a few weeks ago.

Martin Cash
AG
So what is it that you are wondering about?
Blue Duck
AG
Wondering about why I don't live there. I could have also wandered around for a while.
TarponChaser
Always enjoy your pics man. Great stuff.
Naveronski
Ag97
AG
I don't think I would ever live out there again but I love going back to visit, especially for the spring and summer Thunderstorms rolling across the horizon. There is something to be said for being able to see the horizon for 100 miles without trees or buildings. When I lived out West I would sit and watch the light shows from distant thunderheads for hours. Good Bull!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.