Outdoors
Sponsored by

Prayers for my son

8,140 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag 11
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The heart rate was racing, but we figured that was due to stress/illness/altitude change. But my wife heard something that wasn't right, she thought possibly a valve. Combined with the climbing fever, nausea, and O2 dropping (82), we took him in.

Dr felt the heart was unrelated- likely an ejection murmur that should be no issue. Good news. We will confirm with a pedi, per his rec.
cupofjoe04
AG
TexDill15 said:

Prayers up!!

My 18 month nephew was in the hospital over the weekend with RSV. My sister took him in because he was having labored breathing and they couldn't keep him awake.

News articles say a rash of RSV is going around in the south.

Hoping you can get some answers and he's back on his feet quick.

Thanks for the prayers.

He had a tough battle with RSV 2 years ago, and that's what we thought this might be again. But the swab came back negative.
cupofjoe04
AG
Mr. Breeze said:

Us men are big and tough, able to do many things, but the women God blesses us with are incredibly strong, intelligent, discerning and can carry things with the strength of ten men at times when required. SO glad to hear that your little one is improving. Make sure that his Mommy knows how great she is and for sure how much she is loved and appreciated.

This x 1,000,000. So very very true
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Prayers work! Happy to read that he is home resting!

On a side note, if little Cup has to be on oxygen for extended period of time, request this (see image) from doctor. It will help nose and mouth from drying out.

OnlyForNow
AG
Make sure they check him out for MISc, which is a long term reaction to COVID, coming up in youth a lot.

Good friends very healthy and active daughter unknowingly had COVID, then apparently weeks later got sick like this and that's what it has ended up being.

TAPS
CanyonAg77
pnut02
ATX_AG_08
AG
Prefers sent cup
dermdoc
AG
Just saw this and Praise the Lord!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WC87
AG
Good news
fightingfarmer09
cupofjoe04 said:

The heart rate was racing, but we figured that was due to stress/illness/altitude change. But my wife heard something that wasn't right, she thought possibly a valve. Combined with the climbing fever, nausea, and O2 dropping (82), we took him in.

Dr felt the heart was unrelated- likely an ejection murmur that should be no issue. Good news. We will confirm with a pedi, per his rec.

My 5 y/o was diagnosed with a heart murmur and had to go through all of the testing with a cardiologist. Most horrible feeling in the world sitting waiting for results. Ended up being nothing serious, but still annual checkups and all the stress.

Prayers sent.
FirefightAg
AG
Prayers up for the little man. Kids are real good fighters until they aren't they crash hard. Way to be a Good parent and stay on top of it.
Buglerank62
FIDO 96
AG
Glad to hear things are getting better, I'll withhold speculation and my own story about what we went through with my youngest son at about the same age as yours. Kids are resilient. Parents wilt like flowers when it's not them in the hospital. Most of us have been there and prayers are the perfect ask!

Bookmark this if you start to have regular episodes of this on a very precise intervallike every 17 to 21 days and I'll share what we went through and who/what we finally found help. We had very similar situation that no one doctor could agree on and there were ultimately two procedures that stopped it
reproag
AG
Continued prayers
mwm
I'd like offer you more than just one blue star for this truth.

Gentlemen, appreciate your wife.
cupofjoe04
AG
I deeply appreciate this. I'll reach out for sure if things continues
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Prayers for your son, you and your family.
planoaggie123
AG
I can't believe we still have hospital limitations....our son had to go to the ER and stayed in the hospital for 3 days and my wife was the one who stayed with our boy while I kept our daughter. Even w/o limitations, that is largely what we would have done but being there for those first few hours when tests are being run is stressful...
coastalaggie
AG
My the Lord, be with your little man and your family during these times...
Fair Winds and Following Seas
FriscoAggieFan
AG
God is good. Glad little cup is doing better and will continue to lift him up.
Gunny456
AG
Prayers going up right now. Also going to our bible group tonight. 15 more folks will be praying then. Keep the faith.
82 TAMU Ag
AG
Praying for your son, you, and your family! May God richly bless each one of you and strengthen your little boy.
cupofjoe04
AG
I wanted to give y'all an update, and say how much our family feels and appreciates your prayers.

He has continued to improve today, and has perked up some this evening. Not quite his usual self yet, but he's doing much better. O2 has improved quite a bit, and he is holding steady at 92-94 with just room air. We will do some more testing on his ticker this week and next, but I don't honestly anticipate anything serious to come of it at this point.

Appreciate all of you lifting him up. I'm so thankful for our Lord's protection and provision.

DisAg
Great news!
Gric
AG
Continue to pray for your son.
dmart90
AG
Great news! Look forward to more positive updates!

And we will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers!
planoaggie123
AG
Awesome to hear. Great pic. No better thing in the world than holding our little ones.
88Warrior
Continued prayers
Mark Fairchild
AG
Just saw your post. We have added little cup and your family to our prayers. Please keep us updated. God's healing and peace cover you.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
tmaggies
AG
Continued prayers
Cowboy Curtis
LRHF
rootube
tk127ag
AG
Prayers sent.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.