Outdoors
Sponsored by

Palm Tree Removal Cost

2,105 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
RAB87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like many, including a recent poster, I have a "snowpocalypse dead" palm. About 40 ft tall and 2.5 feet in diameter. Commercial Tree Care in Austin quoted $950 to cut and haul, including grinding the root base about 6" below ground level. Said they would trim the dead fronds off my other survivor palm, which is far bigger/taller, at no extra cost. Is this a reasonable cost, or gouging due to high demand?
two1993ags
Relative to coats here in Houston sounds like a more than fair cost.
tamc93
AG
It does not sound too bad and if they have a time slot, I would take it.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
The Fall Guy
AG
Yes good price and get it scheduled now!!

We had an Anaqua agreement that froze and today the tree company finally came to cut it out. Took 3 weeks! 600 to trim to green or 1600 to cut it to the ground. We did the 600 to see what happens. It looks like crap right now but we will see.
The Fall Guy
AG
Make sure they are bonded and insured if around a house.
Potcake
AG
We had two silver dates (15-20') cut down and stumps removed ~700. Silver Tree Service in Austin.
Old Sarge
AG
On a higher palm, I'd have it done at that cost, for the potential bat issue alone. Our neighbor has one and it is full of bats. Like Halloween full. I'd hate to be the one to cut it down. It is dead, and will be interesting to see what happens when it is cut down. If he let's me know what day it's coming down, I may take off and grab some beer and sit up on my deck to watch. He seems to be a tighwad, and will likely undertake this himself. He is a nice guy, but his jackwad kid still lives at home, and he will be involved if not running it.

On shorter palms, with lot of fronds, they can house a bigillion big ol' cockroaches. Like the ground will be moving bigillions of cockroaches. I'd get the damn thing exterminated prior to cutting one down...cause where they goin'? Toward the house, that's where.
CactusThomas
AG
I paid $390 total for one tree removed and 4 trees trimmed to green. All ~40' trees. In the Coastal Bend area.

My neighbor lost 17 queens but he has been removing them himself.
Gilligan
AG
The cost for using my term "snowpocalypse dead" is a star please!

I'm cutting mine down on my own. I just have to wait until Mary Ann is away from the island for a few days. July 1st.

There will be beer involved, but not until it's on the ground!
water turkey
We can't take palms to the mulch lot here (they gum up the grinders), so mine had to be hauled to the dump, which added $200 because of weight.
Post removed:
by user
Cen-Tex
AG
Gilligan said:

The cost for using my term "snowpocalypse dead" is a star please!

I'm cutting mine down on my own. I just have to wait until Mary Ann is away from the island for a few days. July 1st.

There will be beer involved, but not until it's on the ground!
Have fun cause they're heavy. I cut mine down in 1ft sections b/c of the weight & lowered each piece by rope. The pulp created a mess in the saw. Hand dug the stump out. It was a big ball of fingerling roots about 2ft deep. Will never do it again. Next palm that needed removal, I hired a bunch of South Texans.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.