Outdoors
Sponsored by

New to Hunting

7,020 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Adel
Aggie369
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good bull

I love my school, the people that went there, and the community of those people here on texags

My first blue parachute goes to you sir
Adel
tamc93 said:

Congrats!

Did he noodle it?
I just googled this haha. No, I did not but that is a possibility with having Casey around. I get to try it all!!
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Good bull
cupofjoe04
AG
THIS is the true OB. Good bull!

Adel, stay with it my friend, and you will find more like CS78. This is the best way to learn.

If I still lived in Houston, I would take you out in a heartbeat. If you ever find yourself wandering up to southern Colorado in search of adventure, hit me up. Username at g mail.

We can head out and do some backcountry camping, fishing, squirrel/grouse/turkey hunting, kayaking, hike the continental divide, etc Whatever you want my friend. There are few things I enjoy more than teaching someone about the outdoors. I'm not sure if anything I know is worth a darn, but it's free! Ha ha
Serious Lee
catfisherman and squirrel hunters are a dying breed, welcome to the club.

next we'll have you eating rocky mountain oysters and cleaning your teeth with a coon dick toothpick.
tamc93
FC12
Email me fire safety code gmail (no spaces) and I will take you deer hunting in the fall. If you can make it to McCulloch County, I will make sure you get a deer and learn the whole cleaning and quartering process.

I bow hunt and rifle hunt so whatever you want to learn, we can do.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
CS78 said:

I was able to meet up with Adel today. He was in for a hard introduction to fishing. Setting lines in the dirty-sota river bottom. He asked what to bring. "Boots you can get muddy, bug spray, and something to drink". Lots of mud, skeeters, and sweat!

Hadnt been out in a few days. Where'd the water go?

Took some snatching on but finally got it moving.

Adel had no problem helping out with baiting hooks.

Didnt take long to get on the board.

About 40 hooks set and waiting on morning. Will update tomorrow.

I love TexAgs so much.

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
ironmanag
AG
CS78 is the man. Congrats on the great day Adel!
V8Aggie
AG
Well I was skeptic if this was a "it puts the lotion on the skin" type of situation. Glad I was wrong.

Good folks here doing their best to help out others. Good bull Ags!

RMC91
AG
So you invited him so you'd have free labor to get your boat out of the muck and to bait your lines? Did you also teach him how to mow and power wash the driveway?

Seriously, good bull there. Sounds like Adel had a great time.
CS78
Beautiful day on the river this morning. One of my favorite places amongst the mature post oaks and hickories.

He didnt know what to think of some of the wildlife. Gator waiting for us at the boat followed by a near miss flyby of a big banded water snake.

First pole had a nice blue. Adel got to experience the heartbreak of a good fish pulling the hook right at the boat. The feeling that keeps us going back!

From there things were pretty slow. Normally the rivers arent flooded this late in the year and Im done fishing by now. We still ended up with enough for a 1/2 gallon of pure white fillets.

Adel is a great guy! Willing to get dirty and help out as needed. Very courteous and respectful. And very grateful for the chance to get out and away from the concrete jungle.
CTGilley
AG
Good Bull.
CTGilley
AG
Running lines is my favorite. I have not done it in almost 10 years. From the time I was 3 to the time I was 25 I went fishing every other weekend. I owned my on boat at 14. I was burnt out for a long time but went fishing with my dad today and loved it. The fishing was crap but the time on the lake with my son and father was amazing.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I love this thread! Good bull!
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Texasyankee
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!

I did not give you permission to post pics of my fat, headband wearing, yankee a$$ on here.

Truth is, CS78 is good bull. Willing to share his resources, outdoor knowledge and experience.

Adel was Un-daunted by mud, cut bait, mosquitoes, and nasty-sota mud. Good guy, just looking to experience some primal activity.

Many more memories to come!

Adel
cupofjoe04 said:

THIS is the true OB. Good bull!

Adel, stay with it my friend, and you will find more like CS78. This is the best way to learn.

If I still lived in Houston, I would take you out in a heartbeat. If you ever find yourself wandering up to southern Colorado in search of adventure, hit me up. Username at g mail.

We can head out and do some backcountry camping, fishing, squirrel/grouse/turkey hunting, kayaking, hike the continental divide, etc Whatever you want my friend. There are few things I enjoy more than teaching someone about the outdoors. I'm not sure if anything I know is worth a darn, but it's free! Ha ha
I'm grateful to Casey for this experience.

That is a very tempting offer Sir. I'll surely keep that in mind. Thank you very much
Adel
Walt Luddiger said:

catfisherman and squirrel hunters are a dying breed, welcome to the club.

next we'll have you eating rocky mountain oysters and cleaning your teeth with a coon dick toothpick.
hahah can not wait to try
Adel
FC12 said:

Email me fire safety code gmail (no spaces) and I will take you deer hunting in the fall. If you can make it to McCulloch County, I will make sure you get a deer and learn the whole cleaning and quartering process.

I bow hunt and rifle hunt so whatever you want to learn, we can do.
Oh boy, I'd love to. Thank you very much for the offer! I can make it anywhere for a good mentorship. Will be emailing you today.
Adel
ironmanag said:

CS78 is the man. Congrats on the great day Adel!
Indeed, he is! Thank you!!
Adel
RMC91 said:

So you invited him so you'd have free labor to get your boat out of the muck and to bait your lines? Did you also teach him how to mow and power wash the driveway?

Seriously, good bull there. Sounds like Adel had a great time.
If that is what it cost's to learn something new, then why not! By the way, Casey did all the work and I helped out wherever I could. It was a great experience
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.