Outdoors
Sponsored by

Finally finished........for now

2,582 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by skelso
Aggie Hunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just received my pvs 14 and got it mounted so my setup is complete. (Yea right I will want more next week who am i fooling) First night taking it out was a success. Driving and walking blacked out all night is the way to go. 7 pigs down.
Wodanaz
AG
You've got a fan in me, sir. Everything about this is great!
BenderRodriguez
AG
The only problem with NV is now you're going to want to set up all your guns for use with the 14.

Then want duals.

And so on and so forth.

Enjoy!
AggieRob93
AG
Something, something, user name, something
Moon Shadow
When I was employed with the USDA in Georgia (GA). I read about a fellow who contracted out to peanut farmers in west central GA for feral hog control. I do not recall anything of the parameters of his contracts in the article, but his night time "job" came out in conversations with acquaintances.
One of them asked if they could come along some nights. Although the shooter was hesitant at first the offer of a little money to go along was an inducement. Word got out and this guy was getting paid handsomely under his contracts and as a guide in nocturnal hog hunts.

He field dressed the hogs and basically gave the meat gratis to shelters and nursing homes. These recipients paid for the processing of the fresh carcasses.

The article noted that his truck carried an oversized 'Gun Safe" as his rifles and night vision scopes were more valuable than the Police Departments' SWAT teams' arsenals in the Atlanta area.
dr_boogs
AG
Awesome post OP. Now Highvelocity's got him some competition in the OB night hunting threads. Let's see which one of you can out-OB the other!
BenderRodriguez
AG
OP, your j arm working okay or does it wobble?
Aggie Hunter
AG
Very little wobble but not enough that I feel to affect me. Mounted IR light bar on top of my Roxor and that was a game changer. We are getting ready to head back out tonight so hopefully we have an update soon.
orion95
that head mount looks really dope
BenderRodriguez
AG
Nice! Looks like you have a dovetail mount (G24 maybe?).

Check out the Norotos DDA. Lets you mount a 14 directly to a dovetail mount and can easily be swapped over left or right eye.

Much more solid than the old school j arm, IMO
Aggie Hunter
AG
Wilcox g24......starting off good.....
skelso
AG
I fail to see the problem here...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.