Outdoors
Sponsored by

America vs Animals

2,226 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jakeaggie84
SpicyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What animals Americans think they could take

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.
average_joker
AG
SpicyAg said:

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.

Beating a grizzly bear in a fight isn't unprecedented. However, great apes and elephants I'd say you're chances are nil.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
I think most people are overconfident about their odds against swans and geese
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Davey Crockett killed him a bear when he was only three.
Allen76
AG

Swans and Geese ! Well add turkeys to that too then! They can really tear up an area if they want.
AgRyan04
*Maybe* survive, but no way a human is beating an elephant or gorilla in a fight.
OnlyForNow
AG
I do not even know about survive. A gorilla could literally rip an adults arms off.
malenurse
AG
I thought that was Wookies
zachsccr
AG
Clearly they sampled a bunch of drunk bros from Jersey.
malenurse
AG
zachsccr said:

Clearly they sampled a bunch of drunk bros from Jersey.
Redundant
McInnis
AG
average_joker said:

SpicyAg said:

Beating a grizzly bear in a fight isn't unprecedented. However, great apes and elephants I'd say you're chances are nil.
A healthy adult grizzly? I'm skeptical. Mike Tyson is his prime wouldn't last a half minute against a grizzly that wanted him dead. People's ignorance of wild animals is why there are multiple fatalities every year due to bison, those big shaggy lovable looking creatures.

Another example
average_joker
AG
McInnis said:

average_joker said:

SpicyAg said:

A healthy adult grizzly? I'm skeptical. Mike Tyson is his prime wouldn't last a half minute against a grizzly that wanted him dead. People's ignorance of wild animals is why there are multiple fatalities every year due to bison, those big shaggy lovable looking creatures.

Another example

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/grizzly-bear-attack-canada-stab-knife-colin-dowler-british-columbia-a9049126.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-fights-grizzly-bear-after-6581113

https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth
McInnis
AG
Those first two stories are definitely in the category of surviving a grizzly attack, not defeating one in a fight. Now the third one is interesting, it didn't say anything about the condition of the bear. As I made sure to stipulate, I'm skeptical of a human defeating a healthy adult grizzly and if I had to bet, that bear was in poor condition. Many predatory bear attacks are a result of an old bear that can no longer find enough food as he's accustomed to, but who knows? Fascinating story.
cupofjoe04
AG
With 96.8% of people, it should be flat zero's across the board...

cupofjoe04
AG
I'm also gonna contend that moose are WAAAAYYYY too low on that list. A freaking bull moose in the rut will mindlessly stomp you into the mud. I'm sorry, there is NO WAY 54% of our population can take down a moose.

Someone needs to create a version of this for the OB. Set some ground rules, and lets see the results of the poll.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
I think I could take a goldfish with terminal fin cancer, but everything else is a toss up.
Ogre09
AG
We're talking barehanded, right? No way anyone could take an elephant. Dogs, cats, and most birds would be no contest though.
ccard257
AG
Yeah the extremes here are very odd. Forget the people who think they can take an elephant. 28% don't think they can take a mouse? No chance these people contribute anything positive to society.
SW-14
AG
That's a different question you're looking at, not what people think they could fight.

jakeaggie84
AG
I would watch the hell out of this realty tv show! Even pay per view!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.