Outdoors
Sponsored By

America vs Animals

1,741 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by jakeaggie84
SpicyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What animals Americans think they could take

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.
average_joker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpicyAg said:

What animals Americans think they could take

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.

Beating a grizzly bear in a fight isn't unprecedented. However, great apes and elephants I'd say you're chances are nil.
W.C. Griffin '09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think most people are overconfident about their odds against swans and geese
TRD-Ferguson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Davey Crockett killed him a bear when he was only three.
.
Allen76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Swans and Geese ! Well add turkeys to that too then! They can really tear up an area if they want.
AgRyan04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
*Maybe* survive, but no way a human is beating an elephant or gorilla in a fight.
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do not even know about survive. A gorilla could literally rip an adults arms off.
malenurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought that was Wookies
zachsccr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Clearly they sampled a bunch of drunk bros from Jersey.
malenurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zachsccr said:

Clearly they sampled a bunch of drunk bros from Jersey.
Redundant
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
average_joker said:

SpicyAg said:

What animals Americans think they could take

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.

Beating a grizzly bear in a fight isn't unprecedented. However, great apes and elephants I'd say you're chances are nil.
A healthy adult grizzly? I'm skeptical. Mike Tyson is his prime wouldn't last a half minute against a grizzly that wanted him dead. People's ignorance of wild animals is why there are multiple fatalities every year due to bison, those big shaggy lovable looking creatures.

Another example
average_joker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis said:

average_joker said:

SpicyAg said:

What animals Americans think they could take

Honestly a pretty funny read. Elephants not having the lowest percentage is pretty wild.

Beating a grizzly bear in a fight isn't unprecedented. However, great apes and elephants I'd say you're chances are nil.
A healthy adult grizzly? I'm skeptical. Mike Tyson is his prime wouldn't last a half minute against a grizzly that wanted him dead. People's ignorance of wild animals is why there are multiple fatalities every year due to bison, those big shaggy lovable looking creatures.

Another example

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/grizzly-bear-attack-canada-stab-knife-colin-dowler-british-columbia-a9049126.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-fights-grizzly-bear-after-6581113

https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those first two stories are definitely in the category of surviving a grizzly attack, not defeating one in a fight. Now the third one is interesting, it didn't say anything about the condition of the bear. As I made sure to stipulate, I'm skeptical of a human defeating a healthy adult grizzly and if I had to bet, that bear was in poor condition. Many predatory bear attacks are a result of an old bear that can no longer find enough food as he's accustomed to, but who knows? Fascinating story.
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With 96.8% of people, it should be flat zero's across the board...

cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm also gonna contend that moose are WAAAAYYYY too low on that list. A freaking bull moose in the rut will mindlessly stomp you into the mud. I'm sorry, there is NO WAY 54% of our population can take down a moose.

Someone needs to create a version of this for the OB. Set some ground rules, and lets see the results of the poll.
Agasaurus Tex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I could take a goldfish with terminal fin cancer, but everything else is a toss up.
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're talking barehanded, right? No way anyone could take an elephant. Dogs, cats, and most birds would be no contest though.
ccard257
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah the extremes here are very odd. Forget the people who think they can take an elephant. 28% don't think they can take a mouse? No chance these people contribute anything positive to society.
SW-14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a different question you're looking at, not what people think they could fight.

jakeaggie84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would watch the hell out of this realty tv show! Even pay per view!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.