Outdoors
Sponsored by

Hug your pups a little tighter today

3,620 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by daryl gersch
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had to say goodbye to my GSP Toby today. Rest in peace my friend.

zooguy96
Here.
Bucketrunner
So sorry
LRHF
AG
These days are super hard, very sorry about your friend. I'm sure he has an amazing life filled with adventure, love and a few great snacks!
MouthBQ98
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Dammit... hate these threads. Having ribs tonight so will make sure the tactical shih tzus get to gnaw a bit longer than normal.

Thoughts and prayers, however.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
saltyoldguy
AG
Sorry man.

Here
AG
That sucks. Sorry man.
Reel Aggies
AG
Here
Gunny456
AG
Put our 8yr old Lab down in January. Just got us a new puppy. Have put quite a few down in my life. It never gets easier.
Prayers and thoughts for you and family headed up.
Rest easy that you will see them again.
Jabin
Toby was one good looking pup.
FBG_Ag78
AG
Sorry for your loss, BQ. Especially for a bird dog.
tlh3842
AG
Had to put our 10 year old lab down Friday. It's been tough for sure, so I know your pain.
MaroonDontRun
AG
So sorry for your loss.

These days always suck but be grateful for the years and joy he brought you.
Max06
AG
Here.
FamousAgg
Sad day. I buried one of mine unexpectedly after his 5th birthday. He is buried in the back yard under his favorite tree, a large paver on top. Two months later his puppies loved playing in that same spot.
Enviroag02
AG
Here

Put our 10 yr old boxer down last Wednesday due to kidney failure. Our 4 yr old GSP is super depressed. Makes our pain worse seeing the GSP struggling.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Here

fixer
Here.
18 USC 3056 Ag
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Had to say goodbye to my GSP Toby today. Rest in peace my friend.

For Toby. Rest boy. You earned it.

For you BQ, my prayers. My goodbye is still fresh and it was 2 weeks ago today. I will tell you it stings a lot but times does heal and only helps you keep the fond memories alive. Try to get some rest. I feel your pain.
gonemaroon
AG
Here - what a beautiful dog
John Cocktolstoy
Feel ya, bet he was a great dog.
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags
AG81xx
AG
May he have unlimited quail in dog heaven

CyanideJenkins
AZAG08
AG
we're living this right now too...in the final days as confirmed by our vet last week. I always feel for these posts, but a little more now
AgBQ-00
AG
Thank you all for your thoughts and words. He just declined so fast. His check-up in February was okay except for his liver enzymes were a little high. Recently he had picked up a permanent tremor and all of his muscle tone went away. He couldn't stand or sit very long and couldn't get comfortable lying down. Friday we had more blood work done and his enzyme levels were off the charts. It was time. Just hard and happened so fast.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Our two sweet knuckleheads (dachshunds) get plenty of love & attention , but when I read these threads they always get a little extra. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Enviroag02
AG
Sounds like our boxer. His kidney enzymes were slightly elevated in February, then late April his appetite started to diminish and eventually he'd only eat a bit here and there of eggs, cooked chicken, or a Sonic burger. Then we started to notice thick black poop which means stomach ulcers caused by the kidney disease. He was feeling so bad due to that he had no desire to eat. The last week or so of his life the only thing he ate was medications we forced down. Awful few weeks over here. Almost worse than dealing with Degenerative Myelopathy in our other boxer 4 years ago. This one was healthy one day and pretty much emergency status the next.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Sorry to hear..
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
jejdag
We put our ol' Tuffy down in December, then Moose in March. Wasn't too sure I wanted more dogs but Peat and Scotch (miniature Schnauzers) are the best thing that's happened to fill the void. Goofy little rascals put a smile on my face when I think of missing the old farts. Hang in there, OP!
Gilligan
AG

Dogs are family. Sorry for your loss.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
daryl gersch
AG
On YouTube, I was reading about people having after death experiences. One was about this guy in the emergency room, where he floated above his body & watched the doctors & nurses working on him. Then a bright light, & he was in Heaven. He saw all of his deceased relatives & they told him he was not supposed to there at this time. He talked to Jesus & was lead to a beautiful meadow. Where his dog, who had died 6 months earlier runs to him. Then he was back in the emergency room. Breathing again. So, if you are a Christian & believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior. Your dogs are waiting for you. God is Great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.