Outdoors
Sponsored by

How Many: Big Horn Sheep

1,446 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cupofjoe04
cupofjoe04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK- so not a real "how many" post. But I did run across a nice herd of bighorns running up Wolf Creek Pass today. They were lower than I've ever seen them before, and right by the road. It was pretty cool. At least 1 young ram in the bunch, and 1 collard ewe.

AgBQ-00
AG
4, 10, 2, 7 Final answer

ETA: I always enjoy seeing western big game animals. Wish I had the opportunity to see them more often.
cp2011
AG
"Nobody cares about bighorn sheep!"

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Forgot how funny this video was

"its alive"
GrapevineAg
AG
I think she was experiencing The Quickening.
FSGuide
Reminds me of the very first time I saw Bighorns in the wild. I was a field investigator for a nationwide pi company. I let it slip that I had good friends in Littleton that I could stay with for free, so me and one other guy who had relatives in Denver got sent on rotations to work in CO, usually 7-10 days at a time every couple months.
During one of those trips I was driving between Denver and Grand Junction and I saw some Bighorns really close to the interstate. I pulled over and got my camera out and was taking pics. several of them had tracking collars on. There was a really nice ram in the group and he kept his head down eating behind a bush and I couldn't get a good pic of him. Finally I started whistling and yelling "Hey! Hey! Look up you big *******!" just trying to get him to raise his head. After a couple minutes of that I heard someone say "STOP IT! STOP THAT! BE QUIET! JUST GO AWAY" I looked around and there was a guy in a full ghilly suit with all kinds of giant camera lenses lying on the ground about 25 yards from the sheep and he was waving me off.
cupofjoe04
AG
That's hilarious! That guy has probably been there for an hour waiting for a National Geographic shot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.