Outdoors
Sponsored by

Savage 110 reviews

678 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by magnumtmp
2021goodag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at the savage 110 apex in 300wsm. Seems like a good rifle. Looking to spend less than 1000
BCStalk
I think I have the hunter XP in 300wsm if I remember right. I know it has the accutrigger. I ended up replacing the cheaper Vortex scope on it with a little better one. It is a pretty good gun for the money.
magnumtmp
AG
I have several Savage rifles. Some people don't like the feel of the accutrigger since it's somewhere between a 2 stage and single stage with the extra lever in there. I love my accutrigger guns and they are easy to get used to with a little shooting time.

Accuracy out of the box is adequate, and barrel swaps are easy. I've installed two McGowen custom barrels myself on 7MM Rem Mag long guns (one 110, and one 112). All you need is a barrel nut wrench and go-nogo gauges (check Brownells for parts and tools).
magnumtmp
AG
Also, I don't think the Apex comes with factory barrel threads. Might consider having it threaded for a brake.....that 300 through a 7 1/2 lb rifle is going to mule kick!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.