Outdoors
Sponsored by

Democrats Introduce Bill to Ban Suppressors

4,204 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by toolshed
Gunny456
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Menendez and Coleman, both dems from NJ introduced the "HEAR" ( Help Empower Americans to Respond Act). It seeks to ban and confiscate suppressors nationwide.
They were backed by "moms demand action" and "students demand action" and other groups. Their moto is " Hear the weapon, save a life".
BCStalk
I don't see the government giving up their free $200.
Gunny456
AG
They will just make it up with more tax
agent-maroon
AG
They need to come celebrate a New Year's Eve near a Dallas barrio. Suppressors are NOT a big problem, if they're even a problem at all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
AG
How many homicides were committed with suppressed guns?

Tx95Ag
AG
I'm sure it's happened, but I've never heard of it. It's like going after ARs. They are rarely used in a crime.
schmellba99
AG
agsalaska said:

You act as if actual logic and data has a place in Washington...
B-1 83
AG
agsalaska said:

Don't you know? They're silencers! An assailant could walk through a crowded Walmart killing dozens and nobody would hear a thing.
agsalaska
AG
These people are stupid. All of them.
DrEvazanPhD
B-1 83 said:

agsalaska said:

Don't you know? They're silencers! An assailant could walk through a crowded Walmart killing dozens and nobody would hear a thing.

I hear they keep the chainsaw bayonet quiet too
aggieforester05
AG
These people are entirely too stupid to hold political office. You shouldn't be making decisions about something you clearly know nothing about.
Aggieangler93
AG
aggieforester05 said:

These people are entirely too stupid to hold political office. You shouldn't be making decisions about something you clearly know nothing about.
That holds true for 90% of our politicians, and arguably 90% of their decisions, since we lost the stipulation that you had to own land to vote!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Gunny456
AG
agent-maroon
AG
aggieforester05 said:

What exactly would they actually know something about? Cheating? Lying? Fraud?

Seriously, what?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BenderRodriguez
AG
aggieforester05 said:

The internet is a series of tubes, Guam might flip over, anything Sheila Jackson Lee has ever said...

Its past time we stop listening to the clownshow in DC.
Aggieangler93
AG
agent-maroon said:

aggieforester05 said:

Seriously, what?
Maybe I am reading you wrong, and if so, I'm sorry. But they know nothing about earning money or managing a budget and not spending more than you make. They know nothing about defending yourself and your property as a private citizen in the US. They know nothing about providing security for your family. They essentially know very little about anything that matters to the common man who works for a living in the US in 2021.

What the hell do YOU think they know?
Aggieangler93
AG
Gunny456 said:

How in the world do these folks get elected?...I know....just as dumb folks vote for them.
That's for damn sure Gunny!
Buck Compton
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

agent-maroon said:

aggieforester05 said:

Seriously, what?
Maybe I am reading you wrong, and if so, I'm sorry. But they know nothing about earning money or managing a budget and not spending more than you make. They know nothing about defending yourself and your property as a private citizen in the US. They know nothing about providing security for your family. They essentially know very little about anything that matters to the common man who works for a living in the US in 2021.

What the hell do YOU think they know?
You're saying the same thing as him.
The_Fox
agsalaska said:

Check out page 6. About 44 crimes a year with a suppressor. The ATF and Congress were seriously considering removing suppressors from the NFA prior to the Parkland shooting. Then Paul Ryan lost his balls and caved.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3455293-ATF-White-Paper-Options-to-Reduce-or-Modify.html
texrover91
AG
When was the last time a suppressor killed anybody?

Maybe that's a thing in Chicago
swampstander
AG
I think it's just vindictiveness. They know that it has nothing to do with safety or anything like that. We like them, they want to take them away.... what's next, boobs?
AG
Gunny456 said:

How in the world do these folks get elected?...I know....just as dumb folks vote for them.

Truth. The real problem isn't the idiots holding office, it's the morons that keep electing them.

Human beings. The only animals in existence that allow the dumbest among them to lead.
Unemployed
AG
These people believe everything they see in movies.
Silky Johnston
Why? Isn't the process to purchase and own a suppressor a Democratic wet dream? You have to pay an exorbitant fee, go through a background check, wait forever before you actually receive it, and register it with the government. Seems like this is exactly how they want gun purchases handled as well.
DuncanLEO
Silky Johnston said:

You have to pay an exorbitant fee,
The fee, if they were smart, is where they would go. The fee has been $200 since the 1930s. It was intended to be prohibitive which it was at the time. $200 in 1934 is almost $2k today, just inflation speaking.
aggieforester05
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Why? Isn't the process to purchase and own a suppressor a Democratic wet dream? You have to pay an exorbitant fee, go through a background check, wait forever before you actually receive it, and register it with the government. Seems like this is exactly how they want gun purchases handled as well.
No, a complete ban is what they want, same for guns. When they tell you that "they just want to make it a little bit harder for bad guys to get them", that is a lie. While there might be some Dem voters that truly believe that, it is certainly not the goal of the bigger movement. Death by a thousand cuts is. They'll get a little bit at a time, but as soon as they get the next step they'll start pushing for another. It will not ever end until they get total confiscation or the civil war that they keep foolishly pushing for. These people are evil to their core and would remove the 2nd amendment in a second if they could get away with it politically. NEVER give an inch, because you won't get it back and they'll be pushing for the next inch the second they get the last.
MB19
AG
DuncanLEO said:

Silky Johnston said:

You have to pay an exorbitant fee,
The fee, if they were smart, is where they would go. The fee has been $200 since the 1930s. It was intended to be prohibitive which it was at the time. $200 in 1934 is almost $2k today, just inflation speaking.
I believe its north of 3K adjusted for inflation
maverick2076
The_Fox said:

agsalaska said:

Check out page 6. About 44 crimes a year with a suppressor. The ATF and Congress were seriously considering removing suppressors from the NFA prior to the Parkland shooting. Then Paul Ryan lost his balls and caved.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3455293-ATF-White-Paper-Options-to-Reduce-or-Modify.html

That's not homicides. That is 44 cases recommended for prosecution. I'd bet 99% of those are illegal manufacturers/solvent trap companies.
UTExan
Ted Cruz needs to introduce the KYOOOB Act (Keep Yankees Out Of Others' Business Act).
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
SMM48
AG
maverick2076 said:

The_Fox said:

agsalaska said:

That's not homicides. That is 44 cases recommended for prosecution. I'd bet 99% of those are illegal manufacturers/solvent trap companies.
Facepalm
The_Fox
maverick2076 said:

The_Fox said:

agsalaska said:

Hence, why I used the word crimes. I bet there were no homicides.
shalackin
AG
It's just a matter of time before politicians push people too far.
Drshovelhead
Gunny456 said:

Menendez and Coleman, both dems from NJ introduced the "HEAR" ( Help Empower Americans to Respond Act). It seeks to ban and confiscate suppressors nationwide.
They were backed by "moms demand action" and "students demand action" and other groups. Their moto is " Hear the weapon, save a life".
It just keeps coming. Lord help us law abiding citizens.
Isn't NJ the state that you are not allowed to pump your own gas? How do you vote for people that deem you so stupid you are incapable of filling up you car?
maverick2076
The_Fox said:

maverick2076 said:

The_Fox said:

agsalaska said:

Hence, why I used the word crimes. I bet there were no homicides.

I just wanted that to be clear for the poster who asked about homicides.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Drshovelhead said:

Gunny456 said:

It just keeps coming. Lord help us law abiding citizens.
Isn't NJ the state that you are not allowed to pump your own gas? How do you vote for people that deem you so stupid you are incapable of filling up you car?
I don't know about NJ, but Oregon has that law in place.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.