Outdoors
Sponsored by

OB hates cats, so...

2,937 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CSTXAg92
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lawless89
In before house cat.
SteveBott
Poke_the_Bear
AG
So did he wash his car?
Buck Compton
AG
"I'm gonna shoot that ****er!"
BQ_90
AG
Poke_the_Bear said:

So did he wash his car?
That was the biggest question I was wondering about
rather be fishing
AG
44mAG
AG
I guess it was attacking the cat she had in the carrier. Looks like the dude grabbed ole Bob by the legs? If he did all of that without getting his ass tore up by the claws, that's pretty amazing! I give him a decent 9 on the throw with the height and distance he achieved.
Jackrabbit Ag
AG
Staged
TwoMarksHand
AG
Jackrabbit Ag said:

Staged

I hope not. That was great.
maverick12
AG
Maybe it was rabid like that one from the episode of Lone Star Law that they were releasing into the wild and ended up having to shoot it.
AgResearch
AG
Poke_the_Bear said:

So did he wash his car?
Probably had to wash his pants first...
CanyonAg77
AG
My "bobcat" from a few years ago. Turns out there is something called an "American Bobtail" domestic cat.

44mAG
AG
Buck Compton said:

"I'm gonna shoot that ****er!"
Watching it again, he actually pulls his pistol out of his holster and is running with it around the front of the car when he says that. The dude was serious, he was ready to shoot that ****er. Lol
SharkinAg
AG
Y'all just ain't met the right cat
Old Sarge
AG
Back in the 80s my Dad was getting in his oilfield car at the end of the driveway, which spanned a ditch. With the position of the car, he was straddled over the opening of the culvert and flowline of the ditch, which was full of recently fallen leaves. This was between first light and sunrise. About the time he pulled on the door lever, our catty corner neighbor's cat (our families were friends somewhat because me and their kid had been best buddies for about 10 years) EXPLODED with a screech from the culvert between my Dads legs, which released a howl and jump, leaves flyihng from my rather big Dad in the early light and quiet morning. The neighbor Dad was getting in his truck across the street and turned immediately to see the reaction and started laughing. It took my Dad a minute or two to take it all in and get in his car and head out for the day.

A couple of mornings later, at the same time of the morning, my Dad was getting in his car over a leafless (thanks to me) situation and heard the neighbor unlock and open his truck, and heard a semi scream/howl and turned to see the neighbor with the same cat locked upon his head and his arms flailing and my Dad could not tell which was louder. The cat had been on top of the truck asleep and was startled at the opening of the truck door. My Dad took his turn laughing (these guys were fairly good friends).

Surprisingly, the cat was allowed to live after that, but that evening, it had a collar with a large bell on it. Actually, the cat became a neighborhood legend not just because of what happened over that couple of days, but it would climb trees to eat Mockingbirds and their offspring in the nest, and lots of people grew tomatoes and it kept the population down. I remember folks talking about when "tiger" died.
SteveBott
AG
Per a poster

Dublin said:

In the follow up, he does end up shooting it and it tests positive for rabies

agent-maroon
AG
Reminds me of the Canadian holding a lynx by the scruff of the neck and scolding it (story from Feb)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-farmer-captures-lynx-chicken-coop-1.5923089

I had always thought that wildcats were far too ferocious to even consider handling without significant protective gear. Same for domestic cats. Heavy gloves at the very least. Holding & tossing a bobcat would seem like a good way to have your face clawed off. But here we have two incidents which would indicate otherwise. Are cats reputations for ferocity far more than they deserve or is there something else going on with these stories?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Eliminatus
AG
Ok, I have since watched this a few times (because reasons) and picked up a few things.

The bobcat did not approach the woman from the front like I first thought and try to attack the carrier. It went around the front of the second vehicle and attacked her directly from behind. It actually very clearly latches onto the back of her arm and that is when she runs forward and the man than grabs it directly from her back.

After the throw and it starts to run back towards the vehicle the man pulls from conceal and follows it around while yelling "I'm going to shoot the ****er". Per story online, the bob goes into the open garage, attacks the family dog there and is subsequently shot and killed. Crazy.

I think the entire lesson here can be summed up in a response I saw. "This is what happens when you wish people a good morning."
aggieforester05
AG
agent-maroon said:

Reminds me of the Canadian holding a lynx by the scruff of the neck and scolding it (story from Feb)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-farmer-captures-lynx-chicken-coop-1.5923089

I had always thought that wildcats were far too ferocious to even consider handling without significant protective gear. Same for domestic cats. Heavy gloves at the very least. Holding & tossing a bobcat would seem like a good way to have your face clawed off. But here we have two incidents which would indicate otherwise. Are cats reputations for ferocity far more than they deserve or is there something else going on with these stories?
I can kind of understand why he reacted the way he did. I've had a very close encounter with a mountain lion and another with a pissed off squirrel.

I've told this story on here before, but I was hunting for deer or pigs in a stand years ago. I saw what I thought was a bobcat walking through some tall grass (couldn't see the tail) in front of me. I took a shot at it with my .270. I waited a little while and then went to look for it. At the edge of the clearing I was looking into the bushes when I locked eyes with what turned out to be the mountain lion that I had just shot at. He was 5-10 feet from me staring at me. In that moment, I guess I hadn't fully processed what I was looking at, so I wasn't scared. I just pulled my rifle up and pointed it towards the lion and it turned around and ran off. My father saw the same lion the next day nearby. A month or two later his buddy saw the lion run behind my father while chasing a pig when his buddy was pulling up to my old man to pick him up after a duck hunt. This all happened 15 years or so ago and haven't seen anything more than actual bobcats out there since then.

The squirrel had been shot while hunting and had sought refuge in hole in the ground. While knelt down inspecting the hole, the squirrel came running out straight at me. Out of self defense I just reacted by grabbing it's tail. Not knowing what to do with a pissed of squirrel, I spun around in circles using centrifugal force holding the squirrel at bay. After a few seconds I thought to slam it into a tree killing it or at least knocking it unconscious long enough to finish the job. It worked.

So when you have a viscous animal that is actively trying to attack you or is in imminent danger of doing so, it can take a few seconds to process what is going on and how to handle the situation, especially if you're fighting off an attack at the same time. That dude had no idea what to do with the pissed off cat he just pulled off of his wife, but he probably didn't feel like he had a choice to do anything but that.

Also, this video is probably one of the greatest things I've ever seen just because of that guy's reactions.

One of the most ridiculous parts of this story is the guy that originally posted this on Tik Tok was banned because the video violated their violence policy.
CSTXAg92
AG
Eliminatus said:

Ok, I have since watched this a few times (because reasons) and picked up a few things.

The bobcat did not approach the woman from the front like I first thought and try to attack the carrier. It went around the front of the second vehicle and attacked her directly from behind. It actually very clearly latches onto the back of her arm and that is when she runs forward and the man than grabs it directly from her back.

After the throw and it starts to run back towards the vehicle the man pulls from conceal and follows it around while yelling "I'm going to shoot the ****er". Per story online, the bob goes into the open garage, attacks the family dog there and is subsequently shot and killed. Crazy.

I think the entire lesson here can be summed up in a response I saw. "This is what happens when you wish people a good morning."
Nice play by play, but you missed the neighbor woman (cat's owner maybe?) walking down the street, then run into the yard (as if to help the thrown cat) and then veer out of the situation once cat was running back to house and dude was struggling to get a clean draw from his concealed carry. At the end of the video she's exiting the camera in the background as if she's thinking, I'm out of this sheet show.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.