Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking for O/U 20ga recs/advice

1,701 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mas89
dubberage
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally deciding to pull the trigger and get a nice shooting 20 ga. over/under. Will be used to shoot at doves and skeet and maybe turkey. Once I buy a gun I usually own it for life, so do I just get a Browning Citori? Or any other rec's would be appreciated. I know there have been threads on this before but can't find them.
highlonesomeaggie
AG
I bought a Browning Cynergy 20 ga OU last fall for the kids to start shooting with. It's a fun gun to shoot.
TacosaurusRex
If we're talking about a lifetime gun, I'm a fan of these.

https://gueriniusa.com/shotguns/maxum-gold-field-limited-edition/
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Jabin
Try them on at the store before buying. I love Beretta shotguns, but they simply don't have enough drop from the barrel to the stock for me. That forces me into Browning shotguns, and even then I have to have them modified. Others find that Brownings don't fit them at all, but Berettas do just fine.
jmazz
AG
In non typical OB fashion, might I recommend an 'affordable' option: https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/yildiz-legacy-hp-20ga-28o-u-shotgun
mm98
AG
My buddy loves his 20g Yildiz

I have the 12g
jmazz
AG
I'm a fan of mine as well. I have the one I linked to.
water turkey
CZ makes a nice series of over unders. I have the Drake and like it.
80sGeorge
AG
For life stick to the B guns. Buy once cry once.

To save a little go CZ, but not below.
cledus6150
AG
If your in the Houston area go to Briley's or Able Ammo in Huntsville, either or will have a plethora of nice 20Ga O/U that you can feel and get one that will fit you just right.
dr_boogs
AG
Beretta Silver Pigeon lineup, get 30 inch barrels. Trust me on this. But the real secret lies in understanding gun fit and getting your gun fit to your body and mount.
GasPasser97
AG
Good gravy...

https://gordyandsons.com/catalog/product/view/id/107240/s/purdey-best-28ga-pair-51682/category/5659/
dr_boogs
AG
I'm headed down there in June to pick up a Tibor reel, may just have them throw that in the shopping cart on the way out.
BenderRodriguez
AG
80sGeorge said:

Buy once cry once.

Great advice for most gun purchases, especially if you're thinking you'll keep and use the gun for a lifetime (or hopefully more and your kids can do the same).
AnScAggie
AG
Winchester 101.
DrEvazanPhD
Perazzi.
mpl35
AG
TacosaurusRex said:

If we're talking about a lifetime gun, I'm a fan of these.

https://gueriniusa.com/shotguns/maxum-gold-field-limited-edition/

I've always wanted one of those.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Jabin said:

Try them on at the store before buying. I love Beretta shotguns, but they simply don't have enough drop from the barrel to the stock for me. That forces me into Browning shotguns, and even then I have to have them modified. Others find that Brownings don't fit them at all, but Berettas do just fine.
I'm the second guy. I love my Browning rifles, but their shotguns don't fit me at all, so I buy Beretta. I know it's basically a cliche now, but the most important thing about buying a shotgun is how you swing it. Gotta go shoulder a few to know for sure.
AggieGunslinger
AG
That's not even their best 20ga, look at the Revenant.

OP, Zoli Pernice round body in 20ga.

You didn't mention a budget, but if you aren't on the "OB Budget" you should look at the Browning and Beretta lines, those will be the best investments for long term use. If you are going to use it in the field I would get 28" barrels, but to each their own.
AggieMarkSA
What's your budget?

I have a verona 20/28 combo that i picked up a few years ago (not sure if they're still made or not) that ran a little over 2000 for the set. It's been a wonderful dove/quail gun for me.

But if your budget is a little higher... i'll second the perazzi. Mine is in 12 gauge as a clay gun, so it's heavy and nothing i'd want to take in the field. I've found their balance is in line with Beretta, so if you like Berettas you'll love the perazzi.

If the budget is lower, agree with the Beretta silver pigeon line, or the browning cynergy
ought1ag
AG
comes with lifetime dove lease in Argentina
Norbert
AG
Thanks for all the rec's. Budget is about$ $2500.

But those Guerini's are pretty sweet!
Mas89
AG
Beretta king ranch edition if you can find one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.