Outdoors
Sponsored by

Old Town Topwater 120 fishing kayak

761 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by clarythedrill
clarythedrill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am thinking of getting one of these in the next day or so for fishing. It gets tons of good reviews and the youtube reviews seem to be really positive. Does anybody have any insights into this particular kayak? Thanks for any info.
cupofjoe04
AG
Because it's the OB-

You have to buy a new PA14 or there is no point in even getting on the water.

https://www.hobie.com/kayaks/mirage-pro-angler-14-360/

Heck, just bump up to a PA17 so you can fish with a friend.
cupofjoe04
AG
In all seriousness, I paddled an OTC once and it was a good kayak. It tracked decent, was a bit heavy for length, but there was lots of deck space and the seat was good. It was easy to fish out of in calm water. I don't remember the model, but it looked similar to what you are looking at. I'm sure they have just gotten better. I don't think you will be disappointed with the basic OTC.

Their slayer pedal kayaks are good to, very stable. Not as nimble, but good boats. For that money, I would look at a used Hobie over a Slayer though.
clarythedrill
cupofjoe04 said:

In all seriousness, I paddled an OTC once and it was a good kayak. It tracked decent, was a bit heavy for length, but there was lots of deck space and the seat was good. It was easy to fish out of in calm water. I don't remember the model, but it looked similar to what you are looking at. I'm sure they have just gotten better. I don't think you will be disappointed with the basic OTC.

Their slayer pedal kayaks are good to, very stable. Not as nimble, but good boats. For that money, I would look at a used Hobie over a Slayer though.
Thanks. I really like the seat on the Old Town, as it lets me get my legs under me just a little.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.