Outdoors
Sponsored by

Fence Crossovers

2,244 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JSKolache
Zjones920
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are you guys doing for fence cross overs? I like the Mojack idea but cant seem to find any instock anywhere right now.

Sure, we could crawl under the wire or over and risk tearing up our clothes or fence and getting a little zap from the hotwire.
CS78
Above ground swimming pool ladder picked up from the neighbors trash.

Build one out of treated 2x4

Weld some plates to the t post so you step up with one foot, grab the post, swing other leg over, step on plate, continue over.
AGHouston11
AG
The swimmer pool ladders do work well
STX Ag
AG
Wait. Is crossing barbed wire fences really a problem that you need a ladder for now? Dang.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
STX Ag said:

Wait. Is crossing barbed wire fences really a problem that you need a ladder for now? Dang.
Short guy problems...

But seriously I have several "deer lease jeans" that have a hole or two in the crotch. I've always heard of using old garden hose but am hard headed
giddings_ag_06
AG
Let me make life easy for y'all (and surprise you will my backwoods knowledge):

1) Get two guy guards (yellow plastic wrap that goes on the guy wire on your electric pole)

2) Wrap them around two strands of barbwire next to each other (I prefer middle strand and strand just below it)

3) Roll through whenever you want to tear free and thank me for saving your clothes and time
Apache
AG
Quote:

I used to think this way...
Now I'm on the backside of 40, hunt where there's good tight barb wire & no one around for help most of the time.... yeah a ladder would be nice!!
jtp01
AG
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/hme-products-step-up-t-post-step?gmc_feed=t&campid=71700000057441091&adgroupid=58700005323928058&device=m&keyword=92700058911517251&Channel=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIssGbldSC8AIVy2xvBB1ntw85EAQYASABEgKXvvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#repChildCatid=7180005&ogmap=SEM%7CLOC%7CGOOG%7CSHOP%7Cm%7COUT%7C%7CNonBrand-Shopping-Local_Inventory-Outdoor%7COutdoor-Hunting%7C%7C71700000057441091%7C58700005323928058
ought1ag
AG
more like fat guy problems - main reason i havent upgraded my camo in 20 years
Maximus Johnson
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

Now I'm on the backside of 40, hunt where there's good tight barb wire & no one around for help most of the time.... yeah a ladder would be nice!!
I will remind my wife that if I cant climb a barb wire fence at 40 to just go a ahead and end it all and save me the misery of being worthless.

If you cant climb a barbed wire fence what other simple tasks can you "not do"
TX AG 88
AG
It's called a stile, and there are many styles you can make.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stile

Apache
AG
Quote:

I never said I couldn't climb a barbed wire fence, I said a ladder would be nice!

48 year old me would beat the ever living hell out of 28 year old me all day long, so it's not about being tough or in shape. You just get to a point where if there is an easier or smarter way, why not take it? Pick your battles & don't give a F what people think about you. Don't be shallow minded.
Unemployed
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

I will remind my wife that if I cant climb a barb wire fence at 40 to just go a ahead and end it all and save me the misery of being worthless.

Man, are you this over-dramatic about everything in your life?
malenurse
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

User name checks out
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
malenurse
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

I never said I couldn't climb a barbed wire fence, I said a ladder would be nice!

48 year old me would beat the ever living hell out of 28 year old me all day long, so it's not about being tough or in shape. You just get to a point where if there is an easier or smarter way, why not take it? Pick your battles & don't give a F what people think about you. Don't be shallow minded.

Like the story of the young bull and the old bull....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
1990AG
AG
Shallowminded14 said:

Apache said:

Quote:

Username totally fits

JSKolache
AG
Umm, just use the gate
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.