Outdoors
Sponsored by

Any experience with Canik tp9 elite sc?

1,454 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Wonderer
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking at getting a carry gun. Right now I'm leaning towards the Sig P365 XL but just saw academy has a Canik TP9 Elite SC that I'm going to go check out at lunch to see how it fits in the hand.

After a quick Google search comparing both the Canik is a larger gun and still only holds 12rds like the Sig XL. Theres a pretty decent price difference in the two as well.

There were a couple of threads about them last year so just trying to see if anyone still has theirs and is happy with it or any gripes about it.
average_joker
AG
It's from Turkey.
Mr. Dubi
I shot one at a demo day a while back. It was a decent shooter, but it no doubt had thousands, if not tens of thousands of break in rounds through it. The Sig is smaller, and smooth right out of the box.
HumbleAg04
AG
G43X and S15 15 round mags.
Old RV Ag
AG
average_joker said:

It's from Turkey.
Exactly. **** the Turks for countless reasons.
JonSnow
Have a TP9SFX and it is a great shooting gun with a very good trigger at a reasonable price. Mine had a few failures during the first 100 rounds but since has been 100% reliable.
The Wonderer
AG
I have one and like it. It's my go-to nightstand gun.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
The Caniks are great guns. I get not wanting to buy Turkish, but the quality is there. One of the better values on the market.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
BSD
AG
When my wife and I were trying out 9mm pistols over Christmas, the Canik was in my top 2, with CZ being my number 1. It was my wife's favorite so she bought it from EyeGuy. It's a great gun and a great price.
clinte234
AG
Canik is pronounced "John-ick"....correct?
The Wonderer
AG
clinte234 said:

Canik is pronounced "John-ick"....correct?
I think it's "yawn-ick"
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Jan-ick is how I have always pronounced it. But I'm a redneck from East Texas so I'm calling it a win that I don't say Can-ick or Leo-pold
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
johnrth
After holding both I went with the P365XL. The Canik had a short grip that just didn't fit my hand real well.
UTExan
TheEyeGuy said:

The Caniks are great guns. I get not wanting to buy Turkish, but the quality is there. One of the better values on the market.

Ditto. I bought the TP9sf four years ago for $300 and the trigger is just so smooth. Accuracy is also super with that barrel. Sights may need adjustment on purchase, but it is an awesome value for quality and reliability.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dr_boogs
AG
You made the right choice!
dr_boogs
AG
BSD said:

When my wife and I were trying out 9mm pistols over Christmas, the Canik was in my top 2, with CZ being my number 1. It was my wife's favorite so she bought it from EyeGuy. It's a great gun and a great price.

What did you go with, P10c? If so how do you like it?
BSD
AG
dr_boogs said:

BSD said:

What did you go with, P10c? If so how do you like it?

I actually haven't bought a 9mm pistol yet. I kinda got distracted...

AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

I'm not a competition shooter but I've seen these being touted on different youtube channels as a must have for competition. I don't know...
The Wonderer
AG
AGSPORTSFAN07 said:

TheEyeGuy said:

I'm not a competition shooter but I've seen these being touted on different youtube channels as a must have for competition. I don't know...
The TP9SFx is a pretty well-respected race gun out of the box for less than ~$600 (~$750 with an RDS package at some retailers 6ish months ago)

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.