Outdoors
Sponsored by

Looking for a kid's bow...

1,077 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FIDO*98*
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a kid's bow they'd like to sell? I'm looking for one for my daughter before jumping on buying a new one.

I'd like something like a Mission Radik, but I am open to any other options.

And here's the kicker... I need it to be left handed.

Located in the Austin area but can travel for the right deal.
jtp01
AG
Good luck finding a left handed kids bow. I have a right handed one and turned out my kid is right handed left eye dominate.

I do have a right handed kids bow if anyone needs it. Only shot a few times. That's where we learned about his eyes.
TarponChaser
My son has this in right-handed and it's outstanding. We need to practice more but it's adjustable up to 35# which is enough to take a hog.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004U5DC6U?tag=targetcrazy-p28-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
96AustinAg
AG
I have a kid's bow that didn't get used much what I am willing to part with for a pretty reasonable price! My kids are right-handed, but it is a Bear compound bow and it looks like the sights can be swapped to the other side of the bow (granted, I don't know much about archery).

You're welcome to see if it would work for you - PM me
KR Training staff instructor - www.krtraining.com
Dynamite08
AG
My son (who just turned 9) is left handed also. Bought him the Diamond Infinite Edge Pro. Could not recommend it enough. Dropped DW all the way down to 15lbs and he is practice shooting with it easily. Love the ease of adjustment and ability to grow into it over time. Not really expensive either. Got mine off Ebay brand new for around $350 (couldn't find a used one in LH). Good luck and congrats!
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the comments so far. I appreciate it.

The Genesis is another bow I have looked in to as well, I just haven't decided to pull the trigger yet. I figured I'd see what I could turn up first and go from there.
AgEng06
AG
Sent you a PM
TarponChaser
AgEng06 said:

Thanks for the comments so far. I appreciate it.

The Genesis is another bow I have looked in to as well, I just haven't decided to pull the trigger yet. I figured I'd see what I could turn up first and go from there.

We went with the Genesis because my kid was using one at a summer camp and came home super fired up about it and spent months begging for one.

I have nothing but good things to say about it.
EastTexAg09
Call around to your local bow shops to see what they have used or on consignment.

My older son is left handed, and I got a Genesis bow for him. You can turn the draw weight down to 10 or 12 pounds and turn it up to 40 without a bow press. I lucked out by calling the local shop and they had a left handed one on consignment for $100, and got it outfitted with some used parts (whisker biscuit and 3 pin sight) for a little more.
Thunder18
AG
Genesis are great bows for kids getting into archery
Beckdiesel03
AG
It seems like there are enough of us on here to do a group buy on LH youth bows . We have the RH Diamond atomic for son 1 with plans to give to little brother-so that plan is ruined . Son 2 is a lefty so I looked at the genesis after seeing this thread and we might try that one out this go round.
CSTXAg92
AG
AgEng06 said:

Does anyone have a kid's bow they'd like to sell? I'm looking for one for my daughter before jumping on buying a new one.

I'd like something like a Mission Radik, but I am open to any other options.

And here's the kicker... I need it to be left handed.

Located in the Austin area but can travel for the right deal.
Are you simply planning to teach her to shoot, or do you plan on her competing through school? Asking because if you think she'll compete through school, a specific bow brand/model may be required. My kids shot in elementary (Austin Highland Park) and they were required to use a Genesis (not a Genisis Mini or X, a plain genesis). Great sport to get her into!
AgEng06
AG
Right now I'm not sure. I'd like her to consider the competitive side of it, but if it ends up that all she wants to do is shoot with me in the back yard, then I'm good with that. She definitely wants to bow hunt one day, but for the next several years we'll just be shooting in some form or another.
CapeAggie89
AG
Another one for the Genesis. You can buy direct from Genesis for about $170 for just the bow.
Thunder18
AG
You can get them on Amazon as well
CapeAggie89
AG
Thunder18 said:

You can get them on Amazon as well
Yes, but they typically cost more
FIDO*98*
AG
Cruzer G2 or Infinite Edge are much better bows than the Genesis. We have all 3 but, turned the Genesis into a Bowfishing rig
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.