Outdoors
Sponsored by

Of course they did...Yeti Luggage

6,194 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pepper Brooks
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeti just rolled out a line of luggage, because why wouldn't they over charge for more stuff.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/style/shopping/yeti-crossroads-luggage-collection

$200 for a 22L backpack, your typical Jansport is 26L and $35 and I've had my Jansport for years.

40L duffel $200

22" carryon $350

BQ_90
AG
why does anyone want their cloths frozen when they get to their destination.
Charlie Murphy
That brand has done a 180. Use to be "cool" to have that cooler, but I'd be embarassed picking up a $350 Yeti suitcase at the airport.
johnrth
Question is though, are they bear proof?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
They lost me back when I was pushing them to start doing guncases and they said no that they would never sell. This was before the yankee buyout. That's when I started phasing out the yeti stuff in store. Still have a couple soft sides lol
In the meantime, Rtic put out some NICE gun cases and seem to be doing well with them. Don't see as many as I do pelicans rolling in the store, but definitely a few
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
slammerag
AG
Not sure why everyone hates on yeti. They created the market place for a bunch of folks to copy. Good luggage is expensive - if it holds up they will sell.
DatTallArchitect
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

They lost me back when I was pushing them to start doing guncases and they said no that they would never sell. This was before the yankee buyout. That's when I started phasing out the yeti stuff in store. Still have a couple soft sides lol
In the meantime, Rtic put out some NICE gun cases and seem to be doing well with them. Don't see as many as I do pelicans rolling in the store, but definitely a few

Need to get RTIC to start making you some maroon gun cases
rootube
AG
If you are Yeti, and you don't blink an eye at a $200 nylon duffel bag, why not go for $500 on the 22" roller? I am already working on the promotional video of a guy wheeling this through DFW with a white tail hind quarter sticking out.
Apache
AG
If Yeti made this stuff in Camo and put some MOLLE on it they could easily double the price.
MAROON
AG
no thanks - over weight bag fees suck.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
ccard257
AG
rootube said:

I am already working on the promotional video of a guy wheeling this through DFW with a white tail hind quarter sticking out.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Bison Coolers is Aggie owned and puts out some good gun cases. For some reason they thought me worthy of their ProStaff. They make good stuff though. Made in USA.

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/cases-and-duffels/products/bison-5317-large-hard-case
BQ_90
AG
slammerag said:

Not sure why everyone hates on yeti. They created the market place for a bunch of folks to copy. Good luggage is expensive - if it holds up they will sell.
how many of them $50 5 gallon buckets did you buy
easttexasaggie04
AG
You can't really blame them....people keep buying what they sell, no matter what they charge.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
When I was on the road a bunch I would have given serious consideration to the duffel. And I am a cheap ass. A good piece of luggage was worth spend a few bucks on to me. Now, they would just sit in the closet most of the year, so a Jansport or Magellan is fine.
texags08
AG
Osprey makes those same things for a lower price, and I would bet on being higher quality. Seeing as they have been doing it for decades.

I love Yeti for their drinkware and soft side coolers, and feel they are second to none on those. But I'm not a yeti fanboy that will buy just anything from them.
AKA the Command Center guy... 0E stacks member…
slammerag
AG
Love the bucket. Have tossed 10 or so Home Depot buckets due to dry rotting/broken handle
EMY92
AG
I can buy 11 Home Depot buckets for each Yeti bucket.

I don't care if the Home Depot bucket fails, it's dirt cheap to replace.
Ragoo
AG
slammerag said:

if they sell it is brand loyalty. Plenty of others who specialize in this type of bag for less money. See Osprey for example.
Ragoo
AG
texags08 said:

Osprey makes those same things for a lower price, and I would bet on being higher quality. Seeing as they have been doing it for decades.

I love Yeti for their drinkware and soft side coolers, and feel they are second to none on those. But I'm not a yeti fanboy that will buy just anything from them.
beat me to it. Agree 100%. Osprey is a great product.
joho
If you have this Yeti luggage, are you also required to put the Yeti sticker on the window of your truck (as is apparently the case with the coolers)?
Aggieangler93
AG
aggie1819 said:

Bison Coolers is Aggie owned and puts out some good gun cases. For some reason they thought me worthy of their ProStaff. They make good stuff though. Made in USA.

https://www.bisoncoolers.com/collections/cases-and-duffels/products/bison-5317-large-hard-case
A statement as bold as this, should obviously be accompanied with a discount code for fellow OB'ers!!!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
jmazz
AG
Tractor Supply beats Lowe's and Home Depot on the 5 gallon bucket. Walmart beats them all.
Chip Douglas
Cracks me up that everyone cares what cooler or yeti products other people buy but if you roll up in an XL trim F150/250 they'll laugh at you for not having a KR or Platinum.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
And the OB is staunchly buy once, cry once. Except for buckets.
FIDO*98*
AG
slammerag said:

Not sure why everyone hates on yeti. They created the market place for a bunch of folks to copy They copied Engel for a bunch of other folks to copy too

fify
Ornlu
AG
Would these maybe be able to stand up to the sheer ferocity of abuse that the airport baggage handlers inflict? $200 for that duffle sounds okay as long as it's super-durable.
fightingfarmer09
The same people complaining about Yeti will drop 3x the dollars on a camo shirt that they wear under an orange vest while hunting, when a solid brown color was on clearance.

People are funny.

Also, since I buy a ton of these coolers for work I will defend Yeti on quality. They get all the details right. RTIC always feels like a Walmart knockoff when you have them side by side.

I'm sure these bags will be comparable to RUCK bags and Mystery Ranch in quality.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BQ_90 said:

why does anyone want their cloths frozen when they get to their destination.

Stuff them in the suitcase straight from the dryer and they're still nice and warm when you get there.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I don't understand the yeti hate. They created a market and are doing well selling the name. I don't buy their stuff, nor do I buy a expensive mechanical watches that can't keep time nearly as well as a 20 dollar Timex. At least yeti products perform as good or better as cheaper products. They've somehow turned coolers into a status symbol. Good for them
malenurse
AG
joho said:

If you have this Yeti luggage, are you also required to put the Yeti sticker on the window of your truck (as is apparently the case with the coolers)?
That's the only reason I buy their stuff.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
IronAg45
AG
Only one question, will my guns rust if I bury them in this luggage?
alvtimes
Apache said:

If Yeti made this stuff in Camo and put some MOLLE on it they could easily double the price.

Yeti did make a camo cooler.... wasnt that big of a hit.
Teslag
AG
After a decade in the military I will pretty much only buy SOC bags.
TexDill15
AG
EMY92 said:

I can buy 11 Home Depot buckets for each Yeti bucket.

I don't care if the Home Depot bucket fails, it's dirt cheap to replace.

Need to be buying the Lowe's bucket. That gawd awful Orange is terrible.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.