Outdoors
Sponsored by

Form 1 308 sbr solvent trap

5,649 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ttha_aggie_09
08N.Ftw.Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone aware of any solid form 1 solvent trap kits that can handle an ar10 12.5" 308 (similar to a Silencerco Chimera) ? Would be used for hog'n and plinking, no rapid fire. Understand there are better calibers (300blk, 6.5gr,etc), just trying to consolidate calibers. Have an Omega 300, but not rated for less than a 16" 308. Checking with quietbore, wasn't sure if any1 has had any success with others.
Thx!
FIDO 96
AG
I'm a fan of QB, but don't recall .308 rated cans. If they have one, buy with confidence
FamousAgg
QB has one, it doesn't look the be the same quality as the 22lr form 1 I got from them.

https://www.quietbore.com/product/5-56-30-upgraded/

9" long, 1.3" diameter, 22oz
ttha_aggie_09
AG
KorbinDallas said:

QB has one, it doesn't look the be the same quality as the 22lr form 1 I got from them.

https://www.quietbore.com/product/5-56-30-upgraded/

9" long, 1.3" diameter, 22oz
I have one in .30 Cal and just received my stamp last week. I'm probably going to "manufacture" it soon but need to talk with them first about one of the drill holes. Everything else seems straightforward.
FamousAgg
I'd like to hear what you think after you get it done. What are you using it on? Did you buy their drill jig?
FIDO 96
AG
I bought Ti baffles and the drill jig for a .22 kit. I did have to buy more of the cobalt drill bits to finish the job.
FamousAgg
If anyone ever needs to borrow the 22 jig, I have one available
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I bought their .30 cal drill kit. I'm honestly not sure what I am putting it on yet. Probably another 300BLK but it may go on a bolt action for my oldest daughter until I get an Omega or something similar.
Mr. Dubi
Order by tomorrow QB has a 25% discount.... Use code NY2021 it is case sensitive
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
KorbinDallas said:

If anyone ever needs to borrow the 22 jig, I have one available

I have a 9mm drill fixture in DFW as well if anyone ever wants to borrow it.

You in DFW by chance? Submitted my form1 couple weeks ago for the 22 kit. Hope to have good news next week. Would love to borrow a drill fixture if I could
FamousAgg
Unfortunately I don't think I can get a form 1 by tomorrow
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
KorbinDallas said:

Unfortunately I don't think I can get a form 1 by tomorrow

You don't have to have a form1 approved before you order, they just don't ship until your form1 is approved (they engrave per your approved form1 which is nice)
FIDO 96
AG
I have 22 jig kit if you need to borrow. I'm in Southlake Korbin may be closer to you.
FamousAgg
Ok, that's for clarification. When I ordered last there was no form 1 required
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Apparently they got in trouble with the ATF because the company that owns or makes Quietbore also makes legitimate form 4 suppressors.

The new process seems to require a form 1 complete before they can ship.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Heard back from QB. No issues with the short barrell.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
How long did it take them to email you back? I didn't see another way to contact them.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

How long did it take them to email you back? I didn't see another way to contact them.

48hrs. Contacted them Friday night, responded earlier today
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Cool! Thank you
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Has any1 recently done a form 1 sbr efile? Was it roughly the same turnaround time as a form1 suppressor efile? I Have had good luck with <30 day form1 suppressor efiles, hoping the SBR process was the same. Thanks
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Mine were approved on the same day despite submitting the SBR two weeks later.
Todd 02
AG
Damn. Missed the 25% off.

I was all in on QB before they started requiring the approved Form 1. You don't save any money as compared to a manufactured suppressor when you have to pay full price and buy the jig. And I'm not sure you end up with a comparable quality suppressor. They're heavier, for one.

The appeal to me was being able to buy a few and convert them over time instead of getting all the stamps at once. Friendlier on the ol' pocketbook.

I'd be in for a .22 kit with the 25% discount knowing a few of y'all have offered to loan out jigs. Guess I'll watch again in the future.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
FIDO 96 said:

I have 22 jig kit if you need to borrow. I'm in Southlake Korbin may be closer to you.

Just got notification from QB that my 22 kit shipped today. Still have a 22 drill fixture I can borrow?
Central Committee
AG
Just ordered the 'hybrid' 30 cal titanium tube with stainless steel cups from Solvent Trap USA.

Solvent Trap

Had a friend recommend. Will advise on quality when I receive it.

Any ideas on how long the Form 1 is taking the ATF to process?

I have never done one of these before. Any recommendations on tools or process is appreciated.
FamousAgg
Mine is currently out on loan, I can maybe get them to send it directly to you or I can get it to you after I get mine back.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
KorbinDallas said:

Mine is currently out on loan, I can maybe get them to send it directly to you or I can get it to you after I get mine back.

Sounds good. If you're willing to let me borrow it I don't mind grabbing it from wherever!

I have 9mm QB jig if any1 needs to borrow it....
Todd 02
AG
I'd like to get in line to use the .22 jig in a month or so. I just filed my eForm 1 and placed an order for a titanium QB kit this morning.
FamousAgg
08N.Ftw.Ag said:

KorbinDallas said:

Sounds good. If you're willing to let me borrow it I don't mind grabbing it from wherever!

The 22 jig is available again, it's with the current user in Austin, or they can send it back to me in BCS. Reach out to me and let me know where is easier for you
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
KorbinDallas said:

08N.Ftw.Ag said:

KorbinDallas said:

The 22 jig is available again, it's with the current user in Austin, or they can send it back to me in BCS. Reach out to me and let me know where is easier for you

Appreciate it, Fido hooked me up so I'm good to go now. Thanks
Todd 02
AG
I'm just about ready to drill holes in my .22 Quietbore if there's still an offer to borrow a jig?
FamousAgg
Mine is in the Austin area at the moment, I believe they are done with it, I'll check. Where are you located?
Todd 02
AG
South of Lubbock.
sjislepilot
AG
jobin85
AG
ttha_aggie_09 - I'm planning to purchasing a .30cal kit soon. Have you had any issues with it? Would you be willing to let me borrow or rent the drill jig from you?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Unfortunately, I still haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it... I haven't really been out a whole lot this year due to miscellaneous kid activities.

You're welcome to borrow the jig. Good way to contact you?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.