Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best way to freeze ducks?

1,822 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GigEm78
bigevent99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We breasted them. What's the best way to freeze them? Will probably eat in the next 6 months. Straight freezer bags ok or should I think about freezing in water?
bigevent99
AG
Rule 1

normaleagle05
AG
Buy a vac sealer, since you clearly don't have one yet.

And pick up your knuckles when you walk!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Good looking gray ducks! Vacuum seal if you have one.
Sixdrakes
AG
Nice gadwalls. I put the breasts in a freezer rated zip lock bag and fill the bag with enough water to cover all the meat. Then put the bag in the freezer.
SanAntoneAg
AG
This
Gig 'em! '90
Old Sarge
AG
Carefully clean then, pack them, and hand them to the guy a the dock that looks like he'd actually eat them with zeal.
DUman08
AG
Sixdrakes said:

Nice gadwalls. I put the breasts in a freezer rated zip lock bag and fill the bag with enough water to cover all the meat. Then put the bag in the freezer.

This X2
FallsonbrazosAg91
AG
DUman08 said:

Sixdrakes said:

This X2

X3
TarponChaser
Old Sarge said:

Carefully clean then, pack them, and hand them to the guy a the dock that looks like he'd actually eat them with zeal.

Spoken like somebody who either can't cook or doesn't know somebody who can. There's always one.
Lightning Dexter
Sixdrakes said:

I've always done it this way, but I'm not sure why. When I've had deer or beef processed, it's never frozen in water.
Bald Eagle
Don't let them migrate south in the winter
GigEm78
AG
Sixdrakes said:

Had Jalapeo bacon wrapped Gadwall grilled breast poppers tonight. Big hit and worth the hunt and time to prep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.