Outdoors
Sponsored by

New bolt design

2,148 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UTExan
Wodanaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Savage Impulse. Pretty slick engineering. https://www.savagearms.com/impulse
nealan
Looks kinda Like a Browning t-bolt ..
Naveronski
AG
I dig it as a LH shooter.
GSS
A re-designed Swiss K-31?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I've got a blaser r98 and love it being a straight pull. I'll definitely be bringing these in
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Ag_Eng98
AG
Pretty neat. Just did some searching and based on a couple articles (looking for someone who knows more), it sounds like Blazer is the leader but Browning has a Maral but doesn't appear to be available in US. The following video about the blazer sounds like the price makes it not fit for US. Also sounds like this is going after countries where semi-auto's require too much paperwork.

slammerag
AG
Yep blaser r8. Have a couple and love them. Blasers are modular so a mag bolt face can shoot any mag caliber same with standard. Barrels are mounted w 2 screws. They are overall shorter due to stacked trigger and magazine. Barrels have a proprietary dove tail mount for optics. First hand loads with new 270 barrel were accurate
nealan
As per the guy in the video, you won't see many R8's in the US because they are about 5k. Europeans tend to shop upstream. Not down. You lolpoor Yanks !
"Up Market" my bad
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
nealan said:

As per the guy in the video, you won't see many R8's in the US because they are about 5k. Europeans tend to shop upstream. Not down. You lolpoor Yanks !
Yeah, I got a sweetheart deal on my LRS... but even paying what dealers do for used guns it hurt. Did come with a Swaro scope that I ended up giving to my dad for Christmas but I finally got to shoot it over vacation. Absolutely love it. Now I want to get a Creedbarrel for it and did some looking up of prices.... Had a bit of pucker there.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
nealan
I would think another reason they don't sell well here is marketing???? I don't recall seeing much Blaser marketing stateside. Most average Joe shoppers probably don't even know what Blaser is . Am I wrong there?
highvelocity
AG
Straight pull
Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
AgLA06
AG
nealan said:

I would think another reason they don't sell well here is marketing???? I don't recall seeing much Blaser marketing stateside. Most average Joe shoppers probably don't even know what Blaser is . Am I wrong there?

Nope. I imagine the average person would attribute it to crappy ammo.
Average Joe
AG
nealan said:

Yes, I have heard of Blaser.
TH36
Username checks out
ccard257
AG
I've got a buddy with an R8...Such a neat gun. I have a Roessler titan 6, which can also switch barrels with a couple of screws. The 6 is a traditional bolt, but they also make a straight pull version.
ghostofbucky
AG
Blaser R8 owner here. Will never buy another rifle. It's just extremely well engineered.
highvelocity
AG
What does a blaser run these days? Debating getting one
CactusThomas
AG
Ha. This thread has gone in the same direction as other forum's discussion of this Impulse turd.

Best advertising Blazer could have hoped for.
TresPuertas
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

I've got a blaser r98 and love it being a straight pull. I'll definitely be bringing these in

Shoot me a pm when you get one in. I'll take the 6.5.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Good rifles. Even better if your government will only allow you to have one rifle and you need a loophole to have 20.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
UTExan
highvelocity said:

Straight pull

Very underrated. The K31 has a bolt sleeve with locking lugs and it is actually that sleeve, not the bolt itself which rotates from my understanding. My K31 is incredibly easy to shoot. About 18 months ago I went to the range and was placed alongside a guy with some .308 AR10 style semiauto. I had my rifle sighted in and easily got off more rounds than he did. I think he had more felt recoil from his rifle which meant slower target reacquisition. And at one point I was thinking about selling that K31.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.