Outdoors
Sponsored by

Another scope recommendation request

622 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by VegasAg98
Van Buren Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a scope for a grendel I just put together. Primary use would be whitetail/pigs at 200 yards but would like to be able to hit steel at 600 or 700 yards for fun. Nothing competitive. I'm looking for something with top end magnification around x16 or x18. Not terribly concerned with FFP vs. SFP. I have $500 in amazon credit so I'd like to be able to purchase it from there, which limits my options.

Do any of the below options standout?

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Of those, they nearly all run chinese glass. The Rudolph doesn't but I can get you a better version for about the same price (though, no giftcards obviously). If going to Amazon, I'd do the Leupold.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
The bushy is made in Korea... better than china but not as good as Phillipines
Van Buren Boy
AG
Thanks Eyeguy!! I was hoping to get a "free" scope but I might just end up going out of pocket on it. Can you tell me about the Rudolph?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Spend a little out of pocket on top of gift cards and go this route:
Leupold VX-3i 6.5-20x40mm Riflescope, Matte Black (170885) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EV4ZFGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_th6cGbYM02J68

That probably comes with CDS, which will be handy. I have the LRPs and think they're worth the premium over the standard VX-3i.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

Thanks Eyeguy!! I was hoping to get a "free" scope but I might just end up going out of pocket on it. Can you tell me about the Rudolph?
There is a 2.5-15x50 and a 5-25x50, both retail at $550 but Texags price usually puts them at $500 or under. Those have been the most popular scopes I've sold in the last year.
VegasAg98
AG
I know Ptimary Arms GLx series have glass from the Philippines but what other scopes use glass from there?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.