Outdoors
Sponsored by

Selling a gun on gunbroker

2,266 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CactusThomas
SharkinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone help me understand the tax part that has recently been added to gunbroker?
https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260800233069-Marketplace-Facilitator-Sales-Tax-Collection

I'm totally lost.

AgResearch
AG
Skip all that and sell it on here.

Somewhat joking (know you'll get more on GB) / somewhat serious (way less BS selling on here).
TX_COWDOC
AG
If you sell into certain states, GB will collect and remit the taxes on your transaction. Cut and paste the disclaimer into your auction and good luck. Whatcha selling?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
SharkinAg
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

If you sell into certain states, GB will collect and remit the taxes on your transaction. Cut and paste the disclaimer into your auction and good luck. Whatcha selling?

So basically if I do as you're saying the buyer will be responsible for the taxes, correct? PSA Ak47 GF3 with black magpul furniture. I was looking for a zastava for two months and couldn't find one so I settled on a PSA. Two days later a zastava came up and I grabbed it.
oklaunion
I think if you sell something that is taxed and collect your payment through a money order, the invoice to the buyer will add that tax to the amount owed to you by the seller.
When GB collects their fees from you, either from your linked card or bank acct, they will also take the amount in taxes that you collected.
I could be wrong.
oklaunion
AgResearch said:

Skip all that and sell it on here.

Somewhat joking (know you'll get more on GB) / somewhat serious (way less BS selling on here).
Seriously?
Strongwind86
AG
Do you have a local gun store that takes consignments?

I sell all my stuff at my local independent gun store (Cypress, Texas). Usually get market value on the sale. Some guns take a while to sell. The store does a 4473 on the buyer, pays me cash, takes 10% for the sale.

Pretty painless
ldg397
AG
Strongwind86 said:

Do you have a local gun store that takes consignments?

I sell all my stuff at my local independent gun store (Cypress, Texas). Usually get market value on the sale. Some guns take a while to sell. The store does a 4473 on the buyer, pays me cash, takes 10% for the sale.

Pretty painless
Lucky most take 20% or more.
maverick2076
How much do you want for the PSA?
CSMC2014
Sell it here. What do you want for it?
Tony Tedeschi
Interested...name your price
SharkinAg
AG
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ak47-gf3-forged-moekov-rifle-black-no-cleaning-rod-5165450214.html

Going for around 1100 on gunbroker. I hate being the guy buying a new gun and instantly marking it up to sell but that wasn't my intention as I have never sold a gun before to be honest. I literally gave up trying to find a zastava and bought this and two days later found a zastava. So I'm just trying to make this help pay for it. PM me offers if anyone is interested. I can ship to ffl but you will need to cover shipping

Edit to add I'll throw in two 30rd pmags
SharkinAg
AG
Zastava and PSA side by side
maddiedou
AG
They are gonna need a location
maddiedou
SharkinAg
AG
maddiedou said:

They are gonna need a location

Corpus
maddiedou
AG
If nobody bites again I think being in corpus is going to make it harder but I would try TGT next and I have no clue how
Gunbroker works but I would assume they take 10-20 percent

Bump
maddiedou
SharkinAg
AG
maddiedou said:

If nobody bites again I think being in corpus is going to make it harder but I would try TGT next and I have no clue how
Gunbroker works but I would assume they take 10-20 percent

Bump

I'm near San Antonio just about every other weekend.
CactusThomas
AG
Tgt is very active in Corpus and you will probably get your asking price in an hour
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.