Outdoors
Sponsored by

Texags OB - Stuff we don't know about you...

11,573 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cupofjoe04
TheGroupGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me know when you're in POC Joe
Hewey Calloway
AG
Hell I'd take you and joe on an axis meat hunt if you put us on specks and joe fly guides for us in CO. Maybe we need a thread for this type of trade. Who's got a west Texas Aoudad hunt to trade?
TheGroupGuy
Hewey Calloway said:

Hell I'd take you and joe on an axis meat hunt if you put us on specks and joe fly guides for us in CO. Maybe we need a thread for this type of trade. Who's got a west Texas Aoudad hunt to trade?

Deal Hewey the username at g m a I l
docb
AG
I've caught over 200 8+ pound largemouth bass in public water with one on the top 50 list. And who knows how many in private water but that's cheating.
cupofjoe04
AG
TheGroupGuy said:

Hewey Calloway said:

Deal Hewey the username at g m a I l

Im in on that! We could do a high country brown/cutthroat trip, and a float/wade trip on some gold waters for monster bows and browns- all in one!
Old Sarge
AG
What you need to know about me is summed up with:

I am not interesting to you Mr. ATF. Move along now.

Oh, yeah, my 25-06 will group 5 with one ragged hole under a Nickle at 100 yds.

I think that is cool.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
rally-cap said:

3. I'm a pretty good singer.

4. I love to cook - growing up in Louisiana with as an only child with a single mother leads to lots of time spent in the kitchen.
I went to night school (millwright program) with a big fella from Lafayette who told me that in Louisiana, you either cook or you sing. It sounds like you do both!

This guy was a character, too. He had fingers the size of hot dogs and had a deep bellowing voice.

Once we had a pneumatics exam that had a fair amount of math on it. Most of the grades in the class were piss poor and a few of the guys were lobbying the teacher to just throw that one out because it was 'too hard and wasn't fair.'

Of course, the teacher responded (out loud) that he knew the test was just fine because Mr. Ribeye-Rare made a 100 on it.

Then, from the back of the room, comes that big, deep bellowing voice: "Get a rope!"

And, for the record, I'm no math wizard. It's just that I'm probably the only guy in that class who had ever been to college, so I had a leg up in that regard.
UTExan
I am so fortunate in being able to fire a lot of ordnance at taxpayers' expense during the Cold War: 106 mm recoilless rifle, 105 mm main tank gun, every type of automatic weapon except for .45 submachine guns in the US inventory at the time, 4.2 inch mortar and a lot of 40 mm grenade rounds from the M79. I could not have asked for more.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
UTExan said:

I am so fortunate in being able to fire a lot of ordnance at taxpayers' expense during the Cold War: 106 mm recoilless rifle, 105 mm main tank gun, every type of automatic weapon except for .45 submachine guns in the US inventory at the time, 4.2 inch mortar and a lot of 40 mm grenade rounds from the M79. I could not have asked for more.

What was the most satisfying to shoot? I feel like 40mm grenade launchers would be a lot of fun!!
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

What was the most satisfying to shoot? I feel like 40mm grenade launchers would be a lot of fun!!
As we all know (full credit to aggie1944), the most satisfying thing to shoot is nazis.
UTExan
SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

The 106 mm RR. Had a .50 ranging rifle so I expended 4 rounds before finding the target ( an old car body at about 300 yards ) then unleashed the 106. Dead on shot. The 4.2 mortar (four-deuce) was actually terrifying as a round we fired was underpowered and landed short of the target.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard said:

SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

As we all know (full credit to aggie1944), the most satisfying thing to shoot is nazis.

That would be true! I work in EMS and transported a 98 year and fought in WW2. I would love to be able to sit down and listen to his stories.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
UTExan said:

SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

The 106 mm RR. Had a .50 ranging rifle so I expended 4 rounds before finding the target ( an old car body at about 300 yards ) then unleashed the 106. Dead on shot. The 4.2 mortar (four-deuce) was actually terrifying as a round we fired was underpowered and landed short of the target.

How short of the target?

In my head, I am picturing something like this.
CanyonAg77
AG
Totally off topic, you need to be posting on Politics with that username.
UTExan
SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

SaluteTheMarines said:

UTExan said:

How short of the target?

In my head, I am picturing something like this.

No, the round dropped vertically after going about 200 yds down range. Obviously somebody failed to communicate how many charge increments were needed.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Totally off topic, you need to be posting on Politics with that username.

It was tough to decide between changing username to Salute the Marines or Biden's Earpiece.

I do post there but I thought I posted on Outdoors board the most. I am wrong.

JeremiahJohnson
AG
I keep thinking about a handle change. My handle is my AOL screen name from 7th grade and used it for everything until college and when I created my TexAgs account.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
aggie1819 said:

I keep thinking about a handle change. My handle is my AOL screen name from 7th grade and used it for everything until college and when I created my TexAgs account.

Mine was BRS4688. Initials and the last four of phone number of dorm room. Mine is this for 6 months.
LRHF
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

I live in a beautiful mountain town- which means we have side hustles to keep the lights on.

Some of you guys know I occasionally make a little wxtra doing some woodworking

or a few odd and ends taxi stuff for friends

But y'all don't know that my wife and I run a Bakery/Catering Business from our house. I get just as much enjoyment out of making cakes as I do making sawdust... #ComeAtMeBro #WhateverItTakes

Hey man, you see this on MoldyChum? Could be a something new to add to your cake business.

jsdaltxag
- Grew up building fences, hauling hay, working cattle, chasing girls and drinking beer. Graduated from A&M with Animal Science degree.

-Today, work in office pushing paper in Stressville.

-Will get back to my roots someday, but is sometimes interesting finding work/life balance. Still need to do a better job at it.
cupofjoe04
AG
Wow, that thing is awesome!

Honestly- I think could pull that off! We have a steamer now, so we can do that shiny/wet look. We've done a cake for 600 people before, and several for the 350-400 range, so size isn't an issue.

Probably would be nice to start with a 22" rainbow, and work our way up, ha ha!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.