Outdoors
Sponsored by

New Offering from Kel Tec

3,873 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BaitShack
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pistol that takes P90 mags.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/01/04/p50-5-7x28mm-pistol-keltec/

BenderRodriguez
AG
Always fun to see a new idea from Rugers R&D Department.
cledus6150
AG
Interesting!
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Will the ATF still consider it a pistol though. It seems really scary.
BaitShack
AG
Kel Tec included some Kel Tec stickers with my Sub 2000, but I'm embarrassed to put them on anything.
ShouldastayedataTm
When the magazine has to rotate the round 90 degrees for it to go in the chamber seems like a complexity that is asking for reliability issues.
AggieGunslinger
AG
They definitely have the market cornered on ugly.
EMY92
AG
ShouldastayedataTm said:

When the magazine has to rotate the round 90 degrees for it to go in the chamber seems like a complexity that is asking for reliability issues.
The P90 has been reliable.
Canyon99
BaitShack said:

Kel Tec included some Kel Tec stickers with my Sub 2000, but I'm embarrassed to put them on anything.

Lol. Earlier today, I saw a pickup with two Kel Tec stickers on the back window and was surprised anyone would place that on their vehicle.
CTGilley
AG
AggieGunslinger said:

They definitely have the market cornered on ugly.
I think this thing looks pretty cool.
BCStalk
I mean, I don't hate it....
maverick2076
I love when people talk **** about Kel Tec. They are the only company out there that is really trying to be innovative, and they've made some great firearms.
BCStalk
I just bought my second one. I originally bought a Sub2000 for no reason other than it was different. Ended up liking it for fun and an easy rifle to throw in the truck. Just bought a CP33 because I wanted to shoot some of the 22 matches during the chaotic times. I almost went with a Mark4, but I feel like it's the glock of 22lrs. Everyone has one. Kel Tec may be ugly, but it's a blast to shoot. FYI the gun came like this, muzzle brake has since been removed.
maverick2076
I have a CP33 with that same brace. I also have a Sub2k, a PMR-30, and a P32. Great guns.
normaleagle05
AG
maverick2076 said:

I love when people talk **** about Kel Tec. They are the only company out there that is really trying to be innovative, and they've made some great firearms.

Kel Tec makes cool concepts. And then their production numbers look like Ford's production numbers on concept vehicles. It's vaporware.

What good is the idea of a consumer product that you can't actually obtain?
bam02
AG
I have a PMR-30 that I really like and its been flawless. I enjoy Kel-Tec's creativity.

I would think that as you empty the magazine on this that the balance would really change dramatically. Maybe not an issue but I'd be curious about that dynamic.
Alte Schule
I have a Kel Tec CMR 30, PMR 30 and SUB 2000 in 9mm. All have been reliable with minimal issues. I think Kel Tec is an inovative company and I find this new offer intriguing but, as with most new models offered by KEL TEC, I believe for the first year or two demand will outweigh supply.

I have had a FN 5.7 x 28 for five years. Until two years ago 5.7 x 28 ammo could be found and although expensive it wasn't outrageously expensive. After the new CS Academy opened I saw that they always had some on the shelf. As I had bought into a couple of group bulk buys I never bothered to buy any as I had plenty.

A couple years ago, pre COVID, I noticed that the 5.7 ammo always seemed to be sold out at Academy. This was about the same time that Ruger introduced their 57 pistol. On line ammo was also scarce. Nowadays it's a unicorn. Often talked about but never seen.

As I already have a $1000 5.7 I'm reluctant to buy another. At 3 1/2 pounds empty this sure isn't a concealed carry firearm.
Jv106
AG
maverick2076 said:

Kel Tec makes good stuff. But I kinda get the the sideways look people get about them.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
In for 3
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jabberwalkie09
AG
maverick2076 said:

I'd love an RFB if it could take something other than FAL mags.
aggieband 83
AG
+3 for the PMR-30.
I enjoy shooting mine.
BaitShack
AG
I like my Sub 2K so far but after hanging out on a Facebook group, I feel like I need to spend $230 and upgrade the internal parts. Especially the plastic feed ramp.
MGS
Will they offer a California version with 80% of the magazine blocked off?
maverick2076
You really don't. I've got a Gen 1 with at least 2000 rounds through it. All I've done is add the tube cover, butt extension and a Hogue Handall.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My Kel-Tec stuff is great, but it is ugly.
cz308
It's the new Space Force sidearm.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I have to say, as "high class" as my taste has been running over the last few years, keltec keeps drawing me in. I call my Sub2k the "Moped". Fun as hell but don't let someone see me using it... simple and reliable. Plus ridiculously light weight. Just overall, great gun. I also picked up a CP33 and went full mall ninja on it. Again, stupid fun. My Buckmark and B&T both judge me for using the keltecs but dammit, they know how to make fun toys. I just wish they weren't so Jekyll and Hyde. There is hardly any middle ground... either super badass or really bad... very very little in between.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
oklaunion
A Sub 2000 folds up great for a get-home bag, especially with mags that also fit your sidearm.
FamousAgg
I like it, I Only wish 5.7 ammo production could keep up with the new 5.7 guns that are coming out. I liked the Ruger as well, but not ready to add a new cartridge to the mix, especially in this climate.
BaitShack
AG
Demo ranch gives it a spin.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.