Outdoors
Sponsored by

SHOT Show cancelled..

3,001 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCStalk
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Always a massive show for the industry.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
BCStalk
Yup we got the news today. One of the largest shows for us. This is just getting ridiculous now.
DrEvazanPhD
Wow. That's a bad look. Can't believe they don't know their audience better than this
ORAggieFan
DrEvazanPhD said:

Wow. That's a bad look. Can't believe they don't know their audience better than this

Not their audience. Vegas and lawyers.
BCStalk
NRA show was canceled in Nashville as well. Unfortunately it's not just Vegas. Not great for businesses. Most rely on these shows to debut new products and while the big players can afford the advertisements without shotshow, the smaller ones are going to struggle. But just 2 more weeks right.
Bigballin
AG
Guess they're worried about the 0.02%
bdgol07
AG
Damn. It is up to .02%?
alvtimes
if NFR can move from Vegas.... so can SHOT.
txaggie02
AG
You've got to be extremely ignorant to think packing people into a small area right now is a good idea. Look, it sucks. We should all agree to that. But to think politics plays a roll is very narrow-minded. Some things need to be put on hold for a year due to the circumstances. It is what it is. If we can put this mess behind us and move along next year, then that's what we need to do. That's just flat out common sense.
CCMU Coach
The only other convention center large enough to house SHOT is in Chicago. Go figure. That ain't happening.

Surprised they gave in. Stop testing healthy people and the "infection" rate will quit going up...
El Chupacabra
txaggie02 said:

You've got to be extremely ignorant to think packing people into a small area right now is a good idea. Look, it sucks. We should all agree to that. But to think politics plays a roll is very narrow-minded. Some things need to be put on hold for a year due to the circumstances. It is what it is. If we can put this mess behind us and move along next year, then that's what we need to do. That's just common sense.

You mean another year.

Nope. Time to get back to normal. Scared? Stay home ordering grub hub.
CactusThomas
AG
txaggie02 said:

You've got to be extremely ignorant to think packing people into a small area right now is a good idea. Look, it sucks. We should all agree to that. But to think politics plays a roll is very narrow-minded. Some things need to be put on hold for a year due to the circumstances. It is what it is. If we can put this mess behind us and move along next year, then that's what we need to do. That's just flat out common sense.
PneumAg
txaggie02 said:

Uh, no. We shouldn't and don't all agree on that. If you are high risk or scared, stay home and stay isolated if you want. The rest of us would like to live our lives normally as we should have been doing this whole time. Politics is absolutely the driver here, and to think otherwise is not only narrow-minded but just flat out naive. The "circumstances" you reference are nothing more than scare tactics built on faise data and corrupt "science," designed to suppress and control.
TwoMarksHand
AG
ORAggieFan said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Not their audience. Vegas and lawyers.

Insurance. $$$$$
BCStalk
Yeah sorry, not scared of the flu. If you are scared, stay home.
AggieChemist
AG
And right on cue, the experts show up.
BCStalk
Off topic, but I tried your sausage snack sticks method a couple weeks ago. They came out pretty good. I had to go shorter than you had in your pictures since I don't have a cabinet smoker.

For anyone who likes snack sticks.
https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3133205/replies/57237777#57237777
HSEAG13
AggieChemist said:

And right on cue, the experts show up.

AC, what's the word in your realm on all this? All politics aside, just pure scientifically speaking? We got too many YouTube experts out in the world now.
BrazosDog02
AG
I don't know why people are having trouble with this. I think anyone going to a packed inside show of any kind are wildly stupid and exposing themselves and their families unnecessarily.....so I found a solution...

I don't go. I let them go. I do not ***** and moan about it. They have their decision to make and I have mine. I think they are stupid and they think I'm stupid....and we are both happy about that and go on with our lives in a manner that is acceptable to each of us.

I think shutting it down is stupid. I've never been but if it is like trade shows for my business, it IS A MEANS OF SUPPORTING THEIR BUSINESS AND PEOPLE'S JOBS. I cannot stand for canceling or stifling something like this....ever....unless maybe it's a COVID show where they exhibit new strains or something. That's kinda iffy.
BCStalk
I'm not sure what your type of business is, but with our company being part of the gun industry, you are correct that this shuts us out from countless possible customers and vendors. These decisions are impacting my livelihood and ability to support my family.
BrazosDog02
AG
BCStalk said:

I'm not sure what your type of business is, but with our company being part of the gun industry, you are correct that this shuts us out from countless possible customers and vendors. These decisions are impacting my livelihood and ability to support my family.

Absolutely. We've lost many many businesses due to this because of MANDATES. They will never open again. Ever. I do not support that. I think businesses and show organizers should be able to make their own decisions. If its as bad as they say it is, then the issue will work itself out. I think there has been an u godly amount of carnage for the result. It has been proven that the cure was more devastating than the disease.

As I said, if people are worried, stay at home. Pretty simple.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Any chance of a virtual show? Thats what our industry did when WEFTEC was canceled. Its the largest show annually for the water and wastewater industry. Our manufacturers actually saw an increase in quality leads and "visits" to the booth this year versus in person shows in the previous 2 years combined.
Ifishandlie
AG
The sema show was cancelled also. Biggest auto show for any and everything automotive in the world.

I just got back from Vegas ( I went anyway).

It's not much fun right now. Have to wear masks in the sports book and they police it. Wear masks at the tables. Reservations are required at all the restaurants because of limited seating. No buffets.

It gets crowded on Friday -Sunday. Otherwise it's completely dead.

I know this has nothing to do with the shot show but experiencing Vegas outside of work isn't much fun
Naveronski
AG

BCStalk
That's actually pretty funny
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.