Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best electric heater for garage

1,232 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mosdefn14
SharkinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recently bought a house last year and want to get a heater to break the chill when it gets cold. Garage is roughly 14x30 ft. Any recs in an electric heater? Thanks!
JP76
I own a few of these

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Honeywell-360-Degree-Surround-Fan-Forced-Heater-HHF360V-Black/45014171

I used them in a garage where i had to replace some Sheetrock in. It was ~ 19-25 degrees outside and with 2 running inside i think we got the garage up to about low 50's that day. You can only run 1 heater per circuit because 2 will cause the breaker to trip

lawless89
It's best if you have 240v in your garage. A 110 heater is only going to get so warm and it'll probably be a let down. Also depends a lot on insulation, how well the door is sealed, windows, etc.

I sell electric heaters and fans for a living in the industrial market. Here's my recommendation if you've got the appropriate power.

https://www.amazon.com/TPI-HF5840TC5800-Garage-Workshop-Portable/dp/B00MXZ95MO?ref_=ast_sto_dp
TwoMarksHand
AG
What do you suggest if there is no 240? (Or you don't feel like running a new circuit)
lawless89
Best bet is to just get an off the shelf milk house forced air heater and keep doors closed. Can also add a 120v infrared heater that'll work as spot heating. It'll still be pretty underwhelming, but should notice some difference.
harge57
AG
How long do you want to run it. I use one of these. Warms the place up quick.

?size=mpdhi
docb
AG
I have a Fostoria quartz heater that is 120 volt in my garage that I use to dry out my bass boat in the winter. It works fairly well. The cat likes it too!
SharkinAg
AG
harge57 said:

?size=mpdhi

Ya I'm not comfortable doing that.
Old RV Ag
AG
SharkinAg said:

harge57 said:

?size=mpdhi

Ya I'm not comfortable doing that.
What, you don't like carbon monoxide?
lawless89
harge57 said:

?size=mpdhi

Yeah don't do this. Please.

The Fostoria is a good recommendation. That's the company I work for.
mosdefn14
AG
Growing up (DFW) we put a batting cage net in a 30x40 metal building, and used 2 of these nightly during the winter - one near the batter, another near the pitcher. I'd do it again.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.