Outdoors
Sponsored by

iso Pathfinder or Mitzi skiff

2,041 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by texican08
Forstjm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm located in Corpus Christi but I'm up for a little traveling for the right boat. If you've got one and are not looking to sell right now I'd love to see pics of what yall have! or just post your poling skiff if you'd like, can always appreciate a beautiful skiff!
TarponChaser
You talking about the old Pathfinder 15T or 17T? Because Pathfinder doesn't make poling skiffs anymore, those are made by Maverick which is under the same ownership umbrella as Pathfinder and Cobia boats.

Anyway, check out MicroSkiff.com classifieds for skiffs like that. Being in Corpus you might have to head east to Florida because poling skiffs don't come up that often in Texas.

Forstjm
TarponChaser said:

You talking about the old Pathfinder 15T or 17T? Because Pathfinder doesn't make poling skiffs anymore, those are made by Maverick which is under the same ownership umbrella as Pathfinder and Cobia boats.

Anyway, check out MicroSkiff.com classifieds for skiffs like that. Being in Corpus you might have to head east to Florida because poling skiffs don't come up that often in Texas.

Yes sir that exactly what I'm talking about!

I've got a 2014 IPB14 right now but looking to upgrade to accommodate more than myself and one other. Microskiff is great I've been on there quite frequently, it's crazy how quickly good boats go on there. I've found a couple on the east coast but I'm really not in a situation where I can travel far. I'm hoping I can get lucky!
hook60
I really enjoyed my 17T, but moved on to one of the original Beavertails. If you can find an old B1, B2, Osprey, or BTX I would jump on it.
Mark Fairchild
AG
hook60, Sorry, I MUST disagree on Beavertails! Had an Osprey with those DAMN Volvo Interceptor trim tabs. What pile of **** those are, in the bay here in Rockport, sucked up sand and then would fail, $1,500 for a new set, which took forever to get installed cuz no one ever heard of Volvo Interceptors, then that set failed. Sold the Beavertail, guy put in new set and they set failed. He pulled the Volvo's off and got Lenco, but then took him forever to get the damn hole in the hull where the interceptors were to get patched, and the thing still leaks!

Hell's Bay or go home!!!!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
hook60
Mark, I don't have the Volvo tabs but I agree they don't have a good reputation. Most of the older Beavertails I've seen have Lenco or Electro (which have very little market share, but I really like them). The OP was about a different price point than a HB, but not far off an older BT.
TarponChaser
The Beavertail hulls are still great boats. Especially their original ones where they splashed the molds off the old Hells Bay Waterman that they bought out of the HB bankruptcy. But yeah, those Volvo tabs are terrible.

OP: poling skiffs are sort of rare to find used in Texas but check out this listing - https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d/danbury-poling-skiff/7220700080.html

Tavernier Skiffs are made/owned by Mel and the outfit who own/make Ankona and Salt Marsh Skiffs. They're excellent boats for a budget.
BastropCountyAg
AG
PM sent. I have a Maverick/Pathfinder 17t with some upgrades that I would let go of for the right price. I unfortunately cannot find my way down to the coast like I thought I would.
Tarponfly
AG
I also live in Corpus and have had a number of skiffs over the last twenty years, including the 17T Pathfinder (not a fan) and a Beavertail B2. The Beavertail was a fine boat for what it is and what it was meant to be. The Mitzi is a functional poling boat, but that is it. Fairly deep drafting as well, which really limits you in our neck of the woods.

I have a HB Waterman 16 now and absolutely love it. Hell's Bay boats are not all hype and branding. They are built like tanks to last forever. Excellent performance qualities and poling attributes combined with second to none fit and finish and yacht grade wiring.
texican08
AG
I'm in Corpus as well. Have a BT Osprey with Lenco trim tabs. I love it. May be looking into a BT Mosquito in the next year or so though. Mainly just to get ahead of repowering the Osprey though.

On that note, any CC residents that want to swap bow time and hit the water Im always down to meet new Ags and hit the water.
texican08
AG
And here's a photo off the business end of my old man missing shots at 100s of tailers lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.