Outdoors
Sponsored by

Phone Adapter for Optics

1,923 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Naveronski
daniel00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am interested in an adaptor that would allow me to connect my phone to binoculars (or scope or sighting optic). I really like the idea of this one by Novagrade, because it claims to be fairly universal across phones and optics. I've seen some good reviews, but I was wondering if anyone on the OB had experience with it (or others).

https://novagrade.com/shop/phone-adapter-double-gripper/
TexAggee05
AG
I used phoneskope for a while and loved it, until I upgraded my phone and it no long worked with my model. If this one is truly universal, that would be awesome.

cupofjoe04
AG
I use basically the knock off Amazon version of that. It works well, but is a little finicky to get exactly right. The one thing I don't like about it, is that it's bulky. So I don't leave it on the phone in my pocket, and it doesn't quite click in as quick as you think. That looks a little better, but still subject to the same bulk issue.

All that said- I wish I had just dropped the $ on a phoneskope. I would seriously consider a phoneskope if I were you.
Wodanaz
AG
https://tinesup.com/store/
mneisch
AG
I second the Tines Up Phone Cam adapter. Using it right now on my mule deer hunt and couldn't be happier.
daniel00
AG
Thanks everyone for the input! Phoneskope is out for me, because it is not at all universal on the optic side. I suppose if I had one expensive optic that was the only thing I use, that would be fine. But I'm hoping to upgrade optics in the future and be able to use on a single optic and on binoculars. So I need the optic adapter to be universal.

Now I'm really split between the Tines Up and the Novagrade.
Tines Up advantages: the universal adapter to the optic is built-in, rather than having to switch out rings based on optic size. Price.
Novagrade advantage: a truly universal phone adapter that looks really well built.

I'm leaning towards Tines Up right now, but I wish either company would add the adapter advantage of the other.
Wodanaz
AG
The Tines Up is not plastic. It's lightweight aluminum & solidly built. I got the proprietary case that matches my phone & just swap cases when I'm using it. I had seen the product at a trade show & came here to ask about it. For the price & amount I use it, it was a no-brainer.

Thread here: https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3132735/replies
bkf0005
AG
Tines Up here as well, just received it in the mail yesterday. New phone arriving today and I'll buy a cheap case to put the adhesive tab on and swap cases out when I use it as well. Looks solid, can't wait to use on our mulie hunt in a few weeks
cupofjoe04
AG
TinesUp would get my vote for sure. I've never seen that before. It's like the benefit of the slim case for of phoneskope, with the adaptability of the universal ones. It gets around the #1 thing I hate about my universal mount- the bulk.
daniel00
AG
Thanks everyone for the advice! Based on your input, I've pulled the trigger on the Tines Up. I'm super-excited to have this in time for hunting season!
mhnatt
I happen to have a PhoneSkope - used once, 2 feet away from me right now with an adaptor for an iPhone adaptor size. Email me if you change your mind mike at hnatt.com You can have it for free if you will try to take a kid or youth out hunting with you once if not already.

We now use the ATN scopes for my daughters which streams/videos their experience. Much better than the PhoneSkope but a bit bulky.

Naveronski
AG
Any idea if it will work with a Vortex binocular? If OP doesn't want it, I'd love to try it.
mhnatt
Naveronski said:

Any idea if it will work with a Vortex binocular? If OP doesn't want it, I'd love to try it.
I have found that it pretty well works with a variety of optics as the adaptor is their "universal" which clamps onto the scope. You need about 2" of depth to clamp it on so it will be close depending on your bino measurments.
Naveronski
AG
Sounds easy enough.
mhnatt
mhnatt said:

I happen to have a PhoneSkope - used once, 2 feet away from me right now with an adaptor for an iPhone adaptor size. Email me if you change your mind mike at hnatt.com You can have it for free if you will try to take a kid or youth out hunting with you once if not already.

We now use the ATN scopes for my daughters which streams/videos their experience. Much better than the PhoneSkope but a bit bulky.

It has found a home (gone).
Naveronski
AG
Anyone else have one to part with?
daniel00
AG
Welp, guess i missed out on the free option! mhnatt, thanks for offering! I hope Naveronski gets good use out of it.
Naveronski
AG
It went to someone else.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.