Outdoors
Sponsored by

CZ PCR

2,068 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SharkinAg
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CZ guys (you know who you are). Thoughts on the PCR as an EDC? Found one online for $599+ship.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
BenderRodriguez
AG
Great gun and a thats good price these days.

Only issue is no rail, but if you're not mounting a light its a great pistol.
Daddy-O5
AG
I don't think I would be as a carry/conceal gun, I've got lights on a couple of other guns with other purposes. Also why I'm leaning PCR over P-01. Any other major differences between the two?
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
ConstructionAg01
AG
Do it, you can't lose. If it doesn't butter your pecans you can sell it for what you paid.

ETA, the difference in the two is only the rail. There are more variants on the P-01 available, but stock-to-stock comparison P-01 vs. PCR the rail is the only difference.
Strongweasel97
AG
I've got a cajunized pcr that I love. I specifically chose it because it didn't have the rail. I rarely carry a weapon light and prefer the more classic slick dust cover look.
Daddy-O5
AG
This is pretty much where I'm at. Strictly as a carry weapon I don't have any intention to add a light. Seems like a less is more scenario for me.

I've got the SP-01 Phantom with the pro package and I think I'm hooked on CZ's. Started to look at options for carry and PCR is where I've landed.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
BenderRodriguez
AG
P-01 is slightly heavier because of the rail, both are lighter than a standard compact.

Beyond that, very similar guns.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

P-01 is slightly heavier because of the rail, both are lighter than a standard compact.

Unless you get the steel frame monster that I have in right now. Badass gun but definitely heavier than the regular compact.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
ConstructionAg01
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

BenderRodriguez said:

Unless you get the steel frame monster that I have in right now. Badass gun but definitely heavier than the regular compact.
Yeah, those steel frames are terrible and no one wants them. too heavy. I'll give you $350 for it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

TheEyeGuy said:

BenderRodriguez said:

Yeah, those steel frames are terrible and no one wants them. too heavy. I'll give you $350 for it.
I don't do partial payments
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Oruc Reis
AG
Have one, love it.
Daddy-O5
AG

Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Strongweasel97
SharkinAg
AG
Was looking at the rami today. I'm about to jump into the cz world.
ConstructionAg01
AG
SharkinAg said:

Careful, they multiply rapidly inside your safe.
Daddy-O5
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

SharkinAg said:

Careful, they multiply rapidly inside your safe.
It's true. Like rabbits.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Daddy-O5
AG
SharkinAg said:

One of the real CZ guys can probably speak from experience, but there were a lot of mixed reviews about the RAMI online. I also didn't want to go that small, I've been down that road with other similar guns, not for me.

Initial feedback on the PCR is a really good carry size, slightly smaller than my P229 (just one of my most comparable sized guns in the safe). Can't wait to get it out to the range.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
SharkinAg
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

SharkinAg said:

One of the real CZ guys can probably speak from experience, but there were a lot of mixed reviews about the RAMI online. I also didn't want to go that small, I've been down that road with other similar guns, not for me.

Initial feedback on the PCR is a really good carry size, slightly smaller than my P229 (just one of my most comparable sized guns in the safe). Can't wait to get it out to the range.

Ya that's what I'm reading about right now. I literally just looked at them this morning. Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.
BenderRodriguez
AG
I have....a few.....CZs.

A RAMI is not one of them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's a bit of a preference thing. The Rami has a shorter grip and a different grip angle than other CZ's. I personally don't like subcompact guns, which is why I opt for a PCR or larger gun.

But I also carry a government 1911 regularly.
SharkinAg
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

I have....a few.....CZs.

A RAMI is not one of them.

I'm going to ask you a difficult question....what's your favorite shooter? Purpose aside.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.