Outdoors
Sponsored by

CZ 75 SP-01B Soft Strike Issue

1,529 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BenderRodriguez
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody with CZ knowledge have any idea why a CZ 75 would fail to ignite primers? Its leaving a normal looking dent and the ammo shoots well out of other pistols with no issues.

I took the slide apart and the firing pin chamber was clean and the pin looks long enough. Guessing the hammer spring is too light maybe?
CS78
More than one load type? Its not surplus meant for an Uzi or something is it?
BenderRodriguez
AG
Whose ammo? What primers?

Factory springs or aftermarket?

Stock CZs shouldn't have any problems popping primers. Light aftermarket hammer spring+hard primers could cause issues.
Madman
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Stock CZs shouldn't have any problems popping primers. Light aftermarket hammer spring+hard primers could cause issues.
Academy bought Winchester White Box 115 grain. Same ammo went fine through my sigs. In fact I picked up a few of the soft strikes and tried them in the Sig and they worked.
Alte Schule
Madman said:

BenderRodriguez said:

Academy bought Winchester White Box 115 grain. Same ammo went fine through my sigs. In fact I picked up a few of the soft strikes and tried them in the Sig and they worked.

My opinion, FWIW, is Winchester Whitebox 115gr. has always been for me, ,pardon the expression, hit and miss. I had a Hi Power that hated the stuff. I thought it was the pistol and replaced all springs and ramp. After that didn't cure it I took it to a gunsmith. He returned it with a note that read stay away from the 115 gr white Box. He was right. It ran fine with everything else. I had bought 500 rounds and thought that I was stuck with it but the ammo ran fine in my old Ruger P89 DC and S&W Model 39. The 115 gr white box also FTF in my Springfield EMP at least 2x per magazine but, again, that pistol would eat everything else without hiccup.
Caladan
I've run a lot of 9mm and .380 WWB through many different handguns over the years without any problems, but I did have issues with the recoil spring in my CZ 85 Combat. I replaced it with a Wolff spring and it now runs just fine. CZ is the only handgun brand where I have seen issues with a spring. In your situation, I would not hesitate to replace the firing pin spring (or striker spring, whichever it may be) and see what happens.

C
Mr. Dubi
Is the CZ totally stock?

For what it's worth, I have had light strike issues off and on for years, mostly with my full size M&P's, but also with a Glock 34. Mostly reloaded ammo, both mine and factory. I eventually went to Wolff XP striker springs on everything. Now no more light strikes....
jabberwalkie09
AG
Mr. Dubi said:

Is the CZ totally stock?

For what it's worth, I have had light strike issues off and on for years, mostly with my full size M&P's, but also with a Glock 34. Mostly reloaded ammo, both mine and factory. I eventually went to Wolff XP striker springs on everything. Now no more light strikes....

This.^

If you're running a reduced power hammer spring, depending on the poundage your will likely have some problems with factory stuff. Winchester primers are harder than CCI primers.
Madman
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Mr. Dubi said:

Is the CZ totally stock?

This.^

If you're running a reduced power hammer spring, depending on the poundage your will likely have some problems with factory stuff. Winchester primers are harder than CCI primers.
Its all CZ stock.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That is unusual then. Only times I've had issues are when I drop the spring in poundage.
fixer
Seen this with barely out of spec hammer spring in an Hk.

Might try a new spring see if that works.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Surprised its an issue with stock springs.

I'd chalk it up to WWB being WWB unless it continues with other ammo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.