Outdoors
Sponsored by

Late Night Smoke

1,676 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
TxSquarebody
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pulled another all-nighter, but looks like it's gonna be worth it! These are going to a wedding today.
DeWrecking Crew
Looking good...I've got a brisket on now, drank too many beers last night, having to do it hot and fast today, woke up at like 8:30 this morning so low and slow was not an option. So far, I do think the bark is superior to low and slow. I'm already at a 176 temp less than 3 hrs into it, I don't see how it'll be any good, but I guess we'll see.
FancyKetchup14
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

drank too many beers last night
story of my life
tlh3842
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Looking good...I've got a brisket on now, drank too many beers last night, having to do it hot and fast today, woke up at like 8:30 this morning so low and slow was not an option. So far, I do think the bark is superior to low and slow. I'm already at a 176 temp less than 3 hrs into it, I don't see how it'll be any good, but I guess we'll see.

Let us know
agfan2013
AG

Got 3 briskets rolling since early this morning.
Shoefly!
AG
Nice pics, but what's the smoke? Hickory, Oak, Mesquite
DeWrecking Crew
tlh3842 said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Let us know

Mixed results for me, it was an 11 lb trimmed Choice Brisket from Sams. Put on at 350, wrapped it at 3 hrs, temp was 185. Because it was a trimmed brisket and it was cooking so fast I decided to pour half a small can of beef broth in the foil lowered the temp to 275 and put it back on, pulled at 4 hours 15 minutes and temp was 209. Wrapped it in a towel and in the cooler for about 4 hrs. Bark was really good, it was really moist and tender and flavor was on point. It lacked smoke and was too tender for my liking, pulled apart too easy (others liked that aspect). If I do H&F again, I'll make sure to have an untrimmed brisket and go closer to 300 instead of 350 to get more smoke. Overall, it's an acceptable solution for those lacking time and/or for those wanting a lighter smoke taste profile. For me I still prefer L&S.
swampstander
AG
I did a single rack of ribs yesterday for wifey and me. 250 for 5 1/2 hrs. Wrapped about 1 1/2 hrs. Any longer than that and they get too mushy for me. Oak for heat, mostly cherry for smoke with a little pecan thrown in. I know... worthless without after pics... The little scrap at the left is the trim that I grilled up for lunch as the fire was burning down.

mAgnoliAg
AG
This is last weekend's. Now switching to pork ribs for today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.