Outdoors
Sponsored by

Best center console pistol holster/storage

2,340 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiedent
txaggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are y'all using in the car?
SMM48
AG
the door pocket.

or i keep it on me.
HockeyAg07
AG
I screwed a magnet mount snugly into the inside of the center console. If not holstered in my belt I'll put the pistol on that. Hasn't rattled off once.
FSGuide
I had a console vault in my last truck and I currently have one in my suburban
yakin ag
AG
FSGuide said:

I have a lock'er down vault in my truck, along with one of their gun magnets. Works great, plus they're a Texas company out of San Antonio. I put a console vault in my wife's expedition, it works great as well. I'm off-road quite a bit for work, and those gun magnets hold my p365 tight. For my Titan, the Lock'er Down safe let me use my factory console tray/insert, the Console Vault wouldn't.
HumbleAg04
AG
HockeyAg07 said:

I screwed a magnet mount snugly into the inside of the center console. If not holstered in my belt I'll put the pistol on that. Hasn't rattled off once.

This.

From my understanding of the law it has to either be holstered on your person or in a compartment and can not be visible.
80sGeorge
AG
The magnets work great. Screwed one into the Door armrest so I don't have to hear about it constantly from the females in the fam. Holds P365 Great
Canyon99
HumbleAg04 said:

HockeyAg07 said:

This.

From my understanding of the law it has to either be holstered on your person or in a compartment and can not be visible.

Sitting on the front sealed is concealed as other vehicles typically cannot see it. So is under a hat, in a gun pouch, or in the side pocket of the door. Obviously, I'm referring to concealment and not safe storage.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
yakin ag said:

FSGuide said:

I have a lock'er down vault in my truck, along with one of their gun magnets. Works great, plus they're a Texas company out of San Antonio. I put a console vault in my wife's expedition, it works great as well. I'm off-road quite a bit for work, and those gun magnets hold my p365 tight. For my Titan, the Lock'er Down safe let me use my factory console tray/insert, the Console Vault wouldn't.

+1 for Lock'er Down for safe storage. I've got the console vault and the long gun vault under the back seat. Great products and the company has great customer service.
F4GIB71
I had one stolen from a previous truck. (Amazingly it was recovered years later!) I now have a Console Vault in my F150. I almost always carry every day but convenient to store securely on those rare occasions (doctor office) that are posted. I also keep one in the Console Vault all the time. I think it is the best balance between security and accessibility. I'm sure there are other similar manufacturers but am very satisfied with this brand.
aTm2004
AG
I have a holster from Gum Creek that I've used in 3 different vehicles. It's "concealed" unless you're purposefully looking for it. When I go through a drive thru or something, I just hang my hat on it. Easily accessible if I need it quickly and easy to put something in if I'm carrying and want to remove it when I get in.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Vehicle-Handgun-Mount-p8.html
jtp01
AG
You know that's one thing I appreciate about our family doctor. He doesn't have signage on purpose. Doc carries on his person all day every day. He was a vet school dropout and is a solid dude. He will fill a script when I'm traveling with few questions asked.

aggiedent
AG
Another for Lock'er Down........out of San Antonio.

And when Fed Ex lost the first one, and told me it might take a few weeks to research what happened, Lock'er Down overnighted a new one free of charge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.