Outdoors
Sponsored by

Mid-Atlantic Whitetail Hunting

1,206 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Big Bucks
Big Bucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this is a shot in the dark, but you never know. Just moved from Texas to Ashburn, VA in late May and I would love to have a lease or access to some farm to hunt a little this season. Just want to be able to get out, perhaps bring my 12 year old son along and put some meat in the freezer. Any antlers are simply a bonus.

Willing to pay some obviously, do work on a place to prepare and also willing to drive on a Friday to hunt on a Saturday.

With where we are located, I am open to VA, eastern WV, MD or southern PA. Also, have never bow hunted before, only rifle hunted.

We will get to hunt our place a little back in Texas over Christmas and perhaps Columbus Day weekend, but will miss not being able to head to the lease and campfire most fall weekends.

Any thoughts, leads, ideas, etc. would be most appreciated.

Finally, as someone who has lived in Texas all his 47 years until now, I have to say I really like this area. We have hiked in PA a little, Maryland a few times, several times in VA to some awesome overlooks, Manassas battlefield and still have yet to step foot in Shenandoah National Park and experience it.

Thanks in advance!
SanAntoneAg
AG
Paging Chemist...
Gig 'em! '90
AgEng98
Weird Sunday hunting laws.

Eastern shore has good deer, but too far for you.
AggieChemist
AG
I can put you on 18,000 acres of public land in WV and point you in the right direction.
Post removed:
by user
JSKolache
AG
Not any leases in NOVA when i was there. Gun/hunting clubs were the model. So you find a club get on a waitlist then pay the dues once youre in and then have access to various properties the club owns/leases. Hunting sucked then because you couldnt hunt on sunday. I believe landowners are now allowed to hunt their own property on sunday. Still meh.
dtrAG08
AG
What kinda raise did you get to leave Gods country!
Big Bucks
AG
Thank you all for the responses. Looks like I will either use a service for a weekend hunt or hunt a small farm for this year and start working on finding the right hunt club for the 2021 season.

And dtrAG08, I hear ya but money isn't everything. Never thought I would leave God's Country either, but hard to put a price on liking your job, being able to sleep at night and having time with your kids on the weekends.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.