Outdoors
Sponsored by

Threatening text messages. Mobile number search?

9,308 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by EskimoJoe
CrottyKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am receiving threatening texts from a number I don't know. Can any of you search it for me?
cupofjoe04
AG
I've got no help, and sorry this is happening.

But it sounds like you have a good number to sign up for daily Cat Fact texts
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Why not just block the number and move on with your life? Are the messages specific to you or something?
EskimoJoe
too bad craigslist took down the personal ads.
RCR06
AG
Not sure what you're getting. A friend of mine got some from a supposed drug cartel threatening him and asking for money. They knew his name and phone number, but thats it. Even sent him some pics of dead bodies. It was really strange. Got online and found out this was done a lot to try and get money from people.
CrottyKid
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Why not just block the number and move on with your life? Are the messages specific to you or something?

Yes. The person sent me my own address, said me and my family are white AF and said my teenage son stole from him. He said he is coming to my house and he hopes everyone is there so he can kill all of our white asses.

ETA it is a number from my local area code, not the area code of my number (which is still 979). The same numbet has now started texting my son's number, meaning the person knows that my phone and his phone are in the same family even though our area codes are from different states.
average_joker
AG
Time to talk to the cops, if its getting that specific.
I'd usually say scammers, but it seems pretty personal.
I've also had scammers spoof my number and use it to call people. I got a lot of angry calls from people claiming that they were going to report me to the cops.
Bird Poo
AG
Scammers are cashing in on white fear.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
Post the number here? Spam them back
SteveBott
AG
I was getting random texts trying to blackmail me with nude pics and had an old password that I really don't use anymore. Wanted bitcoin ransom. I just blocked them.

This sounds a bit more serious. I'd call the police
CrottyKid
AG
Police on the way to take report.
SteveBott
AG
Good idea. Get it on record.
Slamn Sharpe
What did your son steal?
aggolfer
AG
EskimoJoe said:

too bad craigslist took down the personal ads.

But they can still have free goats
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
CrottyKid said:

I am receiving threatening texts from a number I don't know. Can any of you search it for me?

Have you put the number into spy dialer?
Schall 02
AG
Also report to ic3.gov

Screenshot everything.

Ask the police officer if he/she is a detective, and if not ask for one to be assigned.
S.A. Aggie
AG
After you call the cops breakout your 12 gauge Or Glock 20. If you don't have one go to your local gun dealer and start the paper work. Don't mess around.
Matsui
AG
update!
DiskoTroop
usphonebook.com can sometimes help. Give it a try.
SanAntoneAg
AG
And just chamber a round into that pump 12 gauge, bad guys will hear that from miles away and cower like little girls.
Gig 'em! '90
oragator
Yeah once it gets to the kid that's 100 percent police worthy.
Number is probably spoofed, but hopefully they can track it down.
TexasAggie_02
AG
In
AgsMnn
AG
Any update?

Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
Two things:

If this person says they know your son, says your son stole from him, knows where you live, and is also texting your son, your son knows this person and has some idea why this is happening. Ask him.

Two, given all of those things, we're definitely going to need an update ASAP.
Shoefly!
AG
Schall 02 said:

Also report to ic3.gov

Screenshot everything.

Ask the police officer if he/she is a detective, and if not ask for one to be assigned.

Yea they'll probably put "4 detectives on it around the clock."
CrottyKid
AG
Sorry for the haitus. I am building a deck.
It was a detective. Regular cops are all used up on "fireworks in the city limits" calls. I think that was a joke. I laughed at it, but the detective just stared at me. It is on the books as a terroristic threat. Patrols in my area will be increased, and I have a specific number to call if anything weird happens. I made sure all of my security camera footage would be backed up, and I have the firearms at the ready. The detective said the number that is texting us is from a burner phone. He actually called it an "Obama phone". I guess I will chill with the guns and see if a bunch of thugs show up in the suburbs. Neighbors are alerted and on the lookout, too. We have a tight knit neighborhood with only one way in and out.

I talked to the kid. He swears he has no idea who it is or why they started texting him. He has been working full time for the last 2 weeks and is currently out of town visiting family.
tk for tu juan
Could always reply back:

"Hey this is Jim Bob w/ Beto O'Dorks new group, PoweredxPeople. Have you finally decided who you are voting for this year?"

or

"Excuse me. To whoever's coming to the house, I'd like you to know that I have just called the police. If you have any brains whatsoever, you'll get your ass out of the city real quick. I'd also like to add that I have my father's gun. And a scorching case of the COVID."
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Make sure and limber up
Slamn Sharpe
CrottyKid said:

Sorry for the haitus. I am building a deck.
It was a detective. Regular cops are all used up on "fireworks in the city limits" calls. I think that was a joke. I laughed at it, but the detective just stared at me. It is on the books as a terroristic threat. Patrols in my area will be increased, and I have a specific number to call if anything weird happens. I made sure all of my security camera footage would be backed up, and I have the firearms at the ready. The detective said the number that is texting us is from a burner phone. He actually called it an "Obama phone". I guess I will chill with the guns and see if a bunch of thugs show up in the suburbs. Neighbors are alerted and on the lookout, too. We have a tight knit neighborhood with only one way in and out.

I talked to the kid. He swears he has no idea who it is or why they started texting him. He has been working full time for the last 2 weeks and is currently out of town visiting family.

Sounds exactly like what I would have said as a teenager. I would have been clueless on why someone wanted to kill me
one MEEN Ag
AG
As a side note, you now have enough evidence to take to the central appraisal district and get your address taken down from the internet search.

It won't stop those clowns from showing up, but it'll stop any future doxxing.
Fishin Texas Aggie 05
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

As a side note, you now have enough evidence to take to the central appraisal district and get your address taken down from the internet search.

It won't stop those clowns from showing up, but it'll stop any future doxxing.

Sorry that's not how it works

The tax code only allows for certain people to be "confidential owners"
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
You know your kid better than me (I don't know him at all), but this isn't random or a case of mistaken identity if this person is texting both of you. As a kid, I had very few f****s to give (some things never change) and would generally confess as soon as I knew I was caught, but was also the major exception in my peer group where that was concerned. I'm willing to bet he knows more than he's letting on. But, like I said, I'm just a random internet poster . . . you know your son.
cavscout96
AG
Was pretty easy in Brazos County
AgsMnn
AG
Any disturbances last night?
magnumtmp
AG
Crazy situation. Knowing me, I'd have replied "bring it, *****" before thinking about it. Then I would have had to send my wife and kids to her parents for a couple weeks.....

Hope it is just scammers, and I hope the police ID them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.