Outdoors
Sponsored by

I have a "spend it or it gets taken away" budget!

2,718 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RCR06
GunRangeGal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Husband finally got tired of my penny pinching ways and told me to go spend some money! It's nothing crazy... but I'd like to put some of that towards shooting stuff I've never played around with before. There are a few "machine gun" (cue eyeroll) rental places within driving distance. What are some "seek out and go shoot" guns out there I should try to find?

I'm definitely joining a local gun club, too!
JeremiahJohnson
AG
MP5, G36C, Thompson. Those were on my list. Loved shooting all 3.
dolch
AG
Go drive a Tank!!
GunRangeGal
AG
wait... WHAT?! Is this a thing?!
cledus6150
AG
Thompson and MP5 are both super fun and I think you would like them. Uvalde has a place where you can drive tanks and I believe actually operate some of the turrets/turret mounted weaponry! I would like to someday operate a MG42/MG44 but that is just a Someday.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
How much money are we talking?

As sad as this seems... I would put the money towards a gun you can own. I have shot a fair number of full auto guns and they are definitely the most fun you can have (with your clothes on), however, if your budget is in the hundreds to thousands I would definitely recommend buying a gun you will use more frequently.

GunRangeGal
AG
Not a ton... a few hundred a month. I'm pretty lucky that I own most everything I've had my eye on. I was a little more free with my cash before getting married... oops. I also suspect if I wanted a new gun, I could mention it and it would show up under the Christmas tree.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
GunRangeGal said:

Not a ton... a few hundred a month. I'm pretty lucky that I own most everything I've had my eye on. I was a little more free with my cash before getting married... oops. I also suspect if I wanted a new gun, I could mention it and it would show up under the Christmas tree.

I retract my earlier advice. Go shoot some machine guns...

Glock 18, MP5, UMP45 are all a blast to shoot and relatively cheap.
SECeded
TxSquarebody
Drivetanks.com at the Ox Ranch
gibberish
AG
Since your joining a gun club maybe a reloading setup with an autodrive
dubi
AG
Helicopter shooting! That is a blast.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
African safari
Naveronski
AG
dubi said:

Helicopter shooting or belt fed machine gun.

They're both amazing.

If you wanna shoot a belt fed from a helicopter, and get paid for it, boy do I have an opportunity for you!
SchnauzerMom
TxSquarebody said:

THIS!
El Chupacabra
Naveronski said:

dubi said:

Helicopter shooting or belt fed machine gun.

They're both amazing.

If you wanna shoot a belt fed from a helicopter, and get paid for it, boy do I have an opportunity for you!

Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much!
RCR06
AG
TxSquarebody said:

Went to ox ranch for a bachelor party weekend. One of the guys in our group bought the groom a package to drive a tank, shoot a machine gun, and shoot(?) a flame thrower. We all got to ride on the tank while our buddy was driving which was really fun. They don't let you operate the turret and if you want to shoot one it isn't like you'd think where you're shooting from inside the tank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.