Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bout to tear some stuff up!!

3,445 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by giddings_ag_06
giddings_ag_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't like to do too much at one time though. Proud owner of a 4 series. I hope this thing can turn hard gravely ground into a sunflower patch. Maintenance/usage/general help welcome.

Fishing Fools
Nice ride!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/03EkZaqEtqMnKmp-3F9c3hvdg
RCR06
AG
Well if you had asked beforehand I would've said get one with a cab....now my suggestion is make sure it has a fire extinguisher and a place for a cooler
SharkinAg
AG
RCR06 said:

Well if you had asked beforehand I would've said get one with a cab....now my suggestion is make sure it has a fire extinguisher and a place for a cooler

How the hell would he "go live" and shoot pigs if the damn thing had a cab. You can't expect the man to operate a window and a firearm at the same time if you've followed his previous posts. We do appreciate the effort though.
javajaws
AG
Should have bought bigger

/texags
giddings_ag_06
AG
RCR06 said:

Grew up with cab tractors. No working A/C. Not taking that risk. I literally got a new Rtic soft cooler in today and it rides well, so I'll stay plenty hydrated.
AnScAggie
AG
Glad to see that bucket is getting lots of good use.
BrazosDog02
AG
I think that bucket with the log in it it a great analogy to the Texags OB....

Buy a 4,000 dollar firearm to shoot paper at 100 yards.

I kid...not really...the good news is that the bucket will get really usage. Nice machine!
trip
AG
Is it too soon to say it is too small?

Gunny456
AG
Giddings. Nice tractor and green and yellow paint is the only way to go.
I can suggest a great add on if you are in hard ground..... they make a full length tooth bar to go on and over the leading cutting edge of your bucket. It works great and the teeth are replaceable. You can simply take it off easily when you just want your straight edge.
Like having two buckets in one.
I actually got mine from the JD dealer in Fredericksburg.... it really helps in digging rocky and hard ground.
Think it cost me 650 or so. Four bolts hold it on.
Have fun and be safe. Always remember they can turn over.
Cholula Verde
AG
Pallet forks come in real handy! Also, we welded 2 clevis hooks on the top edge of the bucket approximately 6 inches from each end of the bucket. The hooks come in real handy for picking up things with a chain and prevent you from bending the rod that runs between the loader arms. Have fun!
tamc93
AG
Looks good. Add to the list of wants:

Pallet Forks (makes picking up brush/trunks much easier, plus its normal uses), Disc, Box Blade, and Quick Hitch

I saw someone also mention the clevis hitches on the box, excellent idea and makes attaching a chain a breeze.

Edit: wrong emoji ...
schmellba99
AG
Probably will wish you had a QA plate and bucket to switch front implements, but otherwise - hell for a nice setup you have.
DeWrecking Crew
I look forward to you going live on how far you can get the beer to ride on the top of the bucket while driving towards a hog that you thought you shot only to find nothing was there
giddings_ag_06
AG
Cholula Verde said:

Pallet forks come in real handy! Also, we welded 2 clevis hooks on the top edge of the bucket approximately 6 inches from each end of the bucket. The hooks come in real handy for picking up things with a chain and prevent you from bending the rod that runs between the loader arms. Have fun!

I was really think about adding these. A buddy of mine had two welded on and said he uses them quit a bit.
will.mcg
AG
For a tractor that size a front quick attach is truly a luxury. Unpin two pins, tilt, back up & the implement is off.
Cholula Verde
AG
will.mcg said:

For a tractor that size a front quick attach is truly a luxury. Unpin two pins, tilt, back up & the implement is off.
Spot on!!! Five minutes you go from bucket to pallet forks to hay spear, best invention ever!
RCR06
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

RCR06 said:

Grew up with cab tractors. No working A/C. Not taking that risk. I literally got a new Rtic soft cooler in today and it rides well, so I'll stay plenty hydrated.

Thought I hit the winking face. I did not. Figured I'd be the first to give you a hard time about your purchase. Not much to go with on a brand new tractor.

I've heard the same thing from several people about cabbed equipment and I completely understand. Although what I always tell people is that when you were growing up you had no control over the A/C being fixed, now you do. Definitely not necessary, it's too late now, and is one more thing to break.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Cholula Verde said:

will.mcg said:

Spot on!!! Five minutes you go from bucket to pallet forks to hay spear, best invention ever!

I unhooked the shredder yesterday in under a minute. Ha ha, it's extremely fast and easy.
docb
AG
One of the more useful attachments I use from time to time is a grapple. You'd need to run hydraulics to the front obviously. On my smaller tractor the hydraulic controls are on the loader stick which makes it really nice and easy.
NoahAg
I thought this would be about looting.
Bill Bigfoot
AG

This isn't going to be it, after you mod it, is it?
rab79
AG
Quote:

I hope this thing can turn hard gravely ground into a sunflower patch. Maintenance/usage/general help welcome.

tiller attachment

NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
giddings_ag_06
AG
My cousin has a 3 point disc he said I could borrow and try on it so I may give that a shot soon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.