Outdoors
Sponsored by

Coordinated nationwide effort to hit gun stores starting last two days

5,557 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CanyonAg77
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please pass it on.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Master-thread-Gun-shop-burglaries-Austin-Birmingham-add-your-AO-/5-2334029/

Gun stores and pawn shops in at least six states have been hit so far over the last 72 hours.

Tx-Ag2010
AG
Crazy ****ing Times.... I'm in the process of adding a set of plate and a cheap AR Pistol to my collection.
PFG
AG
Yeahhhhh I'll get my "news" from ar15 dot com when it's a cold day in Houston in July
FTAG 2000
AG
PFG said:

Yeahhhhh I'll get my "news" from ar15 dot com when it's a cold day in Houston in July
That was the easy link.

I heard about this first from a law enforcement client, then googled.

The thread linked has linked stories to multiple burglaries throughout the country.
PFG
AG
Quote:

The burglary occurred a day after the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives sent an email alert to federally licensed firearms dealers that "possible civil unrest" may result in looting of businesses. The ATF urged those businesses to secure firearms and report suspicious activity to police.

ATF statement sounds a lot like a reminder of vigilance, not at all an acknowledgement of a gun store break in syndicate.

Let's not create our own fake news k?
trip98
AG
Is it really a news flash that pawn shops are getting hit? Happens every riot
Gun stores not too far behind
FTAG 2000
AG
trip98 said:

Is it really a news flash that pawn shops are getting hit? Happens every riot
Gun stores not too far behind
My concern is places that aren't in the riot hot spots are getting hit as well.

Two big Austin gun dealers were hit over the weekend, and at least one Dallas store that hasn't made the news and wasn't near the unrest.

GMaster0
Wrong forum.
NoahAg
GMaster0 said:

Wrong forum.

Guns are outdoors. Better?
EMY92
AG
A gun store owner in Philly shot 3 as they broke into his store last night.
3 Toed Pete
AG
EMY92 said:

A gun store owner in Philly shot 3 as they broke into his store last night.
I was going to post this. Heard it on the news this morning that the owner found where someone had tried to break in the night before but couldn't get through his bars/locks. So he decides the spend the night there last night in case they came back. Sure enough they came back with bolt cutters and he shot and killed one and thought he hit another in the shoulder before he got away. Sure enough, a little while later a local hospital contacted the police that someone came in with a gunshot wound to the shoulder and would not tell the medical staff how it happened.

One of the few good stories lately.
Aggieangler93
AG
Hope Eyeyguy is taking extra precautions. After his last robbery, I bet he is.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
This is just getting ****ing stupid. Ok, covid hits and people wig out... Whatever, you're being dumb but I'll take your money. This however.... Ugh. We are definitely protecting ourselves... We'll leave it at that for the moment. Multiple stores got hit last night. And off, definitely not fake news. Atf called me on a freaking Saturday to discuss this stuff. Not even just our local guys, this was an el Paso agent calling to give us a heads up. Full armor got hit last night, along with a few other stores. This is legit
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Wondering what they are gearing up for? I'm definitely ordering a set of plate with the way things seem to be spiraling out of control.
SteveBott
AG
Doubt it's coordinated. Criminals look for opportunities. Police busy with protests so less risk while in the act
AgBQ-00
AG
Hoping you are correct. Far left antifa type folks have been promoting the need for their "comrades" to arm up for some time now. Hoping that is not what is happening
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
SteveBott
AG
If you dig in this you will find white nationalist are much more responsible for starting the trouble at night then antifa. Both are involved but WN much more so. And since they believe in organized civil war they have more of a motive to get guns.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm not going to get into that discussion in this board. But I don't agree with that asessment
SteveBott
AG
Then don't. Someone else brought up the antifa angle not me. I just provided more accurate info as we know so far.
fightingfarmer09
Betoisafurry
Link?

SteveBott
AG
I'll look. My info was from a 30 year retired FBI Agent in a couple of interviews. He was passing on their info. They have deep survelled all these groups for decades
SteveBott
AG
https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/amp/

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/far-right-infiltrators-and-agitators-in-george-floyd-protests-indicators-of-white-supremacists/

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/lancaster-officials-say-group-of-armed-white-men-infiltrated-protests-instigated-violence-sunday/article_fc43b00c-a41d-11ea-ae65-5ff4808aa46c.html

First page of a google search
Tx-Ag2010
AG
Just because they are white doesn't mean they are White Supremacists. The far left and Antifa also have white people.

I will leave it at this since we are on the OB.
SteveBott
AG
Apparently you did not look at the link or believe my retired FBI source. So be it
HalifaxAg
AG
Effing thieves are effing thieves, I don't care what politics they subscribe to.

EyeGuy please stay safe and get home safely. A couple of claymores setup properly is a win-win for all parties.
mpl35
AG
SteveBott said:

https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/amp/

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

https://www.justsecurity.org/70497/far-right-infiltrators-and-agitators-in-george-floyd-protests-indicators-of-white-supremacists/

https://lancasteronline.com/news/local/lancaster-officials-say-group-of-armed-white-men-infiltrated-protests-instigated-violence-sunday/article_fc43b00c-a41d-11ea-ae65-5ff4808aa46c.html

First page of a google search

first link already had the main claims retracted of 80% from outside the area.....so quit posting BS on this thread. second link was one account. third link was speculation from a left leaning site. Last one also parroted the debunked 80% claim.

Tx-Ag2010
AG
I went through most of the links and they are of similar quality.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Effing thieves are effing thieves, I don't care what politics they subscribe to.

EyeGuy please stay safe and get home safely. A couple of claymores setup properly is a win-win for all parties.

Hillary and my guard dog are keeping me company

Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
The Fall Guy
AG
Reds indoor range was hit last night in Pflugerville.

31 guns stolen

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/travis-county/32-guns-stolen-from-reds-indoor-range-in-pflugerville-5k-reward-offered/
CanyonAg77
AG
SteveBott said:

If you dig in this you will find white nationalist are much more responsible for starting the trouble at night then antifa. Both are involved but WN much more so. And since they believe in organized civil war they have more of a motive to get guns.
Not according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They just came out with a statement that they have zero evidence of white supremacist groups being involved in any of the recent violence.

And the SPLC is the left wing group who sees a Klansman under every bed.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

HalifaxAg said:

That is an excellent example of fine trigger discipline. Stay safe good Sir.
reproag
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

HalifaxAg said:

Can we get eye guy a new chair?
AgBQ-00
AG
Came back this morning because this thread was nagging on me. Looks like the discussion was had in my absence.
CactusThomas
AG
SteveBott said:

Apparently you did not look at the link or believe my retired FBI source. So be it

Your first accurate post on this thread.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.