Outdoors
Sponsored by

Anyone finding themselves carrying more?

7,777 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tx-Ag2010
AstroAggie15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll admit I don't carry my sidearm as much as I should/used to.. But after all of this I couldn't imagine not being armed while in public.

Scary times
BCStalk
Only time I don't is when I'm on the pot or sleeping.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I carry a whole lot more now. Mostly that is because I am not going into work so I can. I have also started carrying with one in the chamber. Used to not, but decided to follow the advice of this board and go ahead and put one in there.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
I'll admit I've been hit or miss, but that's changing.

I know it's bad on my part to be inconsistent, but watching the last few days events there is substantial proof it's necessary.

https://concealednation.org/2020/05/video-looters-shot-in-san-antonio-during-riot/
UTExan
I will go to a store half a mile away without my handgun. I will not go farther than that without it. Explosion of homeless population, riot in the city, idiot mayor who is afraid to allow the police to do their jobs...you get the picture.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
AggieChemist
AG
UTExan said:

I will go to a store half a mile away without my handgun. I will not go farther than that without it. Explosion of homeless population, riot in the city, idiot mayor who is afraid to allow the police to do their jobs...you get the picture.

I heard most victims of violent crimes are victimized within 1 mile of home. So I moved.
Alte Schule
I use to roll my eyes when folks would talk about carrying a back up gun along with their every day carry. Although I'm not at that point, yet, I no longer roll my eyes.

This is my walking the dog, walking for exercise, rig. Beretta 950 with extra mag in an old cell phone case. Not a great SD firearm but it works for me. If I ever decide to get a companion to my EDC this would probably be it.

Tx-Ag2010
AG
BCStalk said:

There is always room for improvement.

drummer0415
AG
A thread like this is started every time we have a period of civil unrest, a terrorist attack, etc, and they are alway dumb. Why are they dumb? Because you should have already been carrying all the time.
AstroAggie15
AG
drummer0415 said:

A thread like this is started every time we have a period of civil unrest, a terrorist attack, etc, and they are alway dumb. Why are they dumb? Because you should have already been carrying all the time.

Do you have a company car?
AggiePetro07
AG
Nope. About the same. But I was told that I rolled pretty heavy prior to all this bs.
dodger02
AG
Our current situation coupled with the gun pron thread has me buying a 10.5 upper for a pistol build. It's something I've wanted for a while and figure I'll go ahead and move on it later today.

It'll probably spend plenty of time in my truck.
saltyoldguy
AG
BCStalk said:

This guy would not recommend that
lazuras_dc
AG
saltyoldguy said:

BCStalk said:

This guy would not recommend that

Between this and the Starbucks debacle, I think the consensus is to keep your sidearm on you while on the pot.
Wodanaz
AG
Been stayed wit the thang on me
zachsccr
AG
Carrying more? Nope.

Made up my mind a long time ago to carry everywhere I could. Decided I didn't want something to happen to my family and me know I could have been prepared or able to do something about it.
maverick2076
I don't leave the house without a pistol and at least one spare mag. When stuff like this starts, I'll add a second spare mag and put the rifle in the truck.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Because trucks are common targets for thieves now more than ever, y'all have any suggestions for hiding guns?

I have no stickers that would cause someone to think that there are weapons in the vehicle.
AggiePetro07
AG
brs4688 said:

Because trucks are common targets for thieves now more than ever, y'all have any suggestions for hiding guns?

I have no stickers that would cause someone to think that there are weapons in the vehicle.

I hide them on my person.
AnScAggie
AG
I started carrying more after the CV craziness started. Today I wouldn't think of going anywhere without a weapon. Sad, but people are just nuts.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

Well no ****, tard. But in case you have been living under a rock, I cannot take guns into work with me. When guns are in truck, thieves have opportunity to steal.
BCStalk
TRD-Ferguson
AG
My wife has never carried and never wanted too. Last night she said she wanted her own gun. Win for me I suppose too. Gives me a chance to buy something new for myself.
Zaiquiri
AG
Try something like this.
F4GIB71
brs4688 said:

I have a product called Console Vault in my truck. I recommend. I had a pistol stolen from my truck several years ago. (Miraculously it was recovered in Arizona years later and returned to me.)

To answer the question, it is rare when I am not carrying on my person. About the only exception is a rare visit to a 30.06 posted facility (doctor or hospital). In that case, my EDC joins the one that lives inside my Console Vault. I am fortunate in that I retired in Jan '18 so no longer have to visit business locations where carry is prohibited. Most of my career was visiting refineries and chem plants where firearms are prohibited.
F4GIB71
CactusThomas
AG
I don't carry any more or less than before because nothing has changed.
BrazosDog02
AG
brs4688 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

Well no ****, tard. But in case you have been living under a rock, I cannot take guns into work with me. When guns are in truck, thieves have opportunity to steal.

Sounds like you need to up your concealed carry game. I mean, the point of concealed is that no one knows it's there. It's literally part of the definition.

Don't set me on fire. I'm joshin' ya.
rab79
AG
Tx-Ag2010 said:

BCStalk said:

There is always room for improvement.

Where can I find one of those double barrel pumps? because best of both worlds
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
MattAg98
AG
AggiePetro07
AG
brs4688 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

Don't be an *******. I don't follow you, or anyone else, around trying to gain information about their company's carry policy, nor did you state it in this thread. You're not important enough to me to stay abreast of your work situation.

I wouldn't hide guns in a truck precisely because they can be more easily stolen.

You should be carrying on your person, and if you can't for some reason, you need to lock them up. Not hide them.

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

Don't be an *******. I don't follow you, or anyone else, around trying to gain information about their company's carry policy, nor did you state it in this thread. You're not important enough to me to stay abreast of your work situation.

I wouldn't hide guns in a truck precisely because they can be more easily stolen.

You should be carrying on your person, and if you can't for some reason, you need to lock them up. Not hide them.

Then why even comment if not important enough. Don't be a ******************.
EMY92
AG
Start name calling and the responses will get more snarky.

Don't be an idiot and leave an unsecured gun in a vehicle. If you do, there is a good chance that it will be taken from you at some point. Get a console vault if you must leave it in a vehicle.
cageybee77
AG
Just weight, but workin on it.
AggiePetro07
AG
brs4688 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

AggiePetro07 said:

brs4688 said:

Then why even comment if not important enough. Don't be a ******************.

Well, found my first person to ignore on outdoors board.

Don't be an idiot. You assumed I lived under a rock because I don't know your work carry policy which you didn't state on this thread.

I commented because hidden things get stolen. Don't hide. Secure.

Lock your guns up. Don't leave or hide them in a car if you don't carry them on you and can't lock them up. You may not like the info, but it's not my fault that's your situation.

Hope you have a great day.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Is the OB the new GB?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.