Outdoors
Sponsored by

More beginner firearm advice

884 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Caladan
ShouldastayedataTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back again, with both a pistol and carbine class under my belt, for more advice. During the carbine class it became very apparent that the ghost sight on my ruger pcc is ok, but I need more if going beyond 50 to 75 yards. That being said the budget is small, ~200. Thinking a red dot versus a full on scope. It has a picatinny tail to attach it. What recommendations would this board have for a red dot? Or would a scope be better?
Alte Schule
Sig Sauer Romeo5. https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html
Muzzleblast
Sig has a couple of versions.

They have one that you don't have to manually turn on.

I like that one better. It activates when you pick up the rifle.
Alte Schule
Alte Schule said:

Sig Sauer Romeo5. https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html
Amazon Prime has dozens of optics listed. I have found several decent budget optics Like VLife and Pinty that are under $100 and work amazingly well for the price. Did my research and read the reviews. Have been very satisfied with what I bought.
MB19
AG
Primary Arms has some good budget red dots under their name. Vortex Optics makes a solid budget red dot as well.
maverick2076
PA Advanced micro dot, Sig Romeo5, or Holosun are all good optics well within your price range. Stay away from the airsoft crap on Amazon.
Caladan
Get a scope with an illuminated red dot reticle. That way you don't have to choose between the two.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.