Outdoors
Sponsored by

ISO - Land/Barn to rent for 4-H Project (South College Station)

497 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by agnerd
rolling_ridgeag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a little early as my kid is still a year away from entering 4-H but from talking with people in CS it sounds like this may be a difficult task. Does anyone have or know of someone who is interested in renting land with a barn for a 4-H project (either steer or lamb)? If so please feel free to email me at homann05 at yahoo.com.

It still floors me that CSISD has not invested in some sort of Ag Barn for local kids to use but that is for a whole other thread/topic.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Does Brazos county not have a 4H barn for kids with projects that don't have their own barn? I see you said CSISD doesn't but that would be for FFA kids, surely the county has a 4H barn.
agnerd
AG
With A&M here, it's all about getting kids to college. Ag is a low priority. And the Ag we do have is geared more towards PhD type biology and genetics research you'd see at A&M.

CS also kind of fits into the donut hole of not so small that a primarily ag community would demand it, and not so big that the urban suburban kids have no other options without an ISD barn.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.